Random pic thread.

We’ve been loading trailers getting ready for our annual trip to the 127 yard sale this week.Tonya brought out some old school box fans that weigh about 20 pounds ea. They’ll blow your hat off from across the room.Sure don’t make em like that anymore.
DD71C29B-7722-473E-9821-038EE9D14AB9.jpeg

E57418F4-CDCE-488D-BEDA-B18FD7743390.jpeg

We’ve been loading trailers getting ready for our annual trip to the 127 yard sale this week.Tonya brought out some old school box fans that weigh about 20 pounds ea. They’ll blow your hat off from across the room.Sure don’t make em like that anymore.
.View attachment 401151
View attachment 401152
I'm surprised they even have a protective grate...

These are the kinds of fans that are great for setting outside a yellow jacket's nest and let 'em shred.

I'm surprised they even have a protective grate...

These are the kinds of fans that are great for setting outside a yellow jacket's nest and let 'em shred.
have a couple of shop fans that didnt but I covered them to keep the cats safe.

My mom, the home-ec teacher, was either laughing or crying in heaven today. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

I decided to make myself a birthday cake like she used to. I failed. Cake layers were beautiful, until I made icing and put it all together. It looked fantastic, for a few minutes.

Then the top half split into thirds, and slid onto the counter in pieces. The second layer couldn't even stay in place.

I ended up just picking up the remnants of the top third with bare hands and gooping it all onto a second plate.

When Renee came home, she said I am no longer allowed to do anything without adult supervision.

What do yall think my home-ec grade would be?

The cake:

20230725_183818.jpg

The aftermath, top layer:

20230725_190321.jpg

The aftermath, bottom 2/3:

20230725_190314.jpg

At least the cupcakes turned out presentable:

20230725_190332.jpg

IMG_20230725_214559320.jpg
Wife made cucumber chips. Quite tasty actually. Like a pickle flavored chip without all the extra fake pucker.

My mom, the home-ec teacher, was either laughing or crying in heaven today. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

I decided to make myself a birthday cake like she used to. I failed. Cake layers were beautiful, until I made icing and put it all together. It looked fantastic, for a few minutes.

Then the top half split into thirds, and slid onto the counter in pieces. The second layer couldn't even stay in place.

I ended up just picking up the remnants of the top third with bare hands and gooping it all onto a second plate.

When Renee came home, she said I am no longer allowed to do anything without adult supervision.

The cake:

View attachment 401180

View attachment 401182

View attachment 401181

View attachment 401183
That's when you chop it up and make Karate Cake. Mom done that once, ate great with a spoon.

On today's edition of "Why is that trucker blowing his horn at me and not slowing down"
362901476_831368878357504_1435652949696965827_n.jpg

On today's edition of "Why is that trucker blowing his horn at me and not slowing down"
View attachment 401187
An average sheet of 3/4 is between 60-80 lbs. times approx 45 sheets per bunk and based on a high deck trailer (and state load out limitations based on axles and so on) that dude could have upwards of 65k on the trailer and that’s a steel trailer+truck at an average weight of 40k; that cop machine would be toast!!

Still would be the trucks fault though……

The cake:

View attachment 401180

View attachment 401182

View attachment 401181

View attachment 401183

You have to level the top of the bottom layer ....... or you get that. (my wife is a cake baker)
But I bet it did eat good!

and here I was thinking, "Id like to see him get that whole load of rock in the driveway." and "My experience says those people are going to be pissed when they see it, either leaving or coming home."

An average sheet of 3/4 is between 60-80 lbs. times approx 45 sheets per bunk and based on a high deck trailer (and state load out limitations based on axles and so on) that dude could have upwards of 65k on the trailer and that’s a steel trailer+truck at an average weight of 40k; that cop machine would be toast!!

Still would be the trucks fault though……
Max Gross weight on an 18 wheeler without permits and placard is 80K period. Unless the rules have changed since I did permits for flatbeds.

Max Gross weight on an 18 wheeler without permits and placard is 80K period. Unless the rules have changed since I did permits for flatbeds.
You can overweight permit without placard as long as it’s not oversized or haz. And, I could be way off too. Just ran some random beer math through my brain based on the photo. Hell for all I know it could be sheets of foam on that truck lol.

The skill/understanding of physics required to pull this off is breaking my brain. You know he was chirping that far side dual all the way around to get it up like that. He managed to pivot perfectly on that near side dual. Amazing
Amazing how well you can turn a truck with a mouse!

You can overweight permit without placard as long as it’s not oversized or haz. And, I could be way off too. Just ran some random beer math through my brain based on the photo. Hell for all I know it could be sheets of foam on that truck lol.
Yea it's been a while since I dealt with it.

Back