Random pic thread.

atwistedsifter.files.wordpress.com_2016_01_beshirk_8.jpg

First world problem...

Found this ol pic of my uncle,on the left,investigating a wreck at Camp Lejeune NC.2D Mar Div (REIN) FMF.M151a1 Mutt???
IMG_20160122_0003.jpg

bet the driver slowed his ass down after that. I'd wreck a M151 too if I drove it like my M38.
If I remember the story right the driver got killed.

I took advantage of the snow storm to spend some time in the shop and get my digital read out (DRO) installed on my lathe.
View attachment 207858

That's a sweet looking display! The Newell on our lathe burned out, and they want about $400 to fix it. I can't find a display that will work with the magnetic slides the Newell used, and am seriously considering just going to one of the cheaper optical DROs available. That one would cost less than fixing the Newell, and the display looks very similarly outfitted. I'm waiting for a review on how good of a tolerance it holds!

I'm waiting for a review on how good of a tolerance it holds!
I put my Starrett dial indicator on the ways and checked and the DRO is dead nuts on. I put the same unit on my mill last year and have no complaints. I got it from TPac Tools on Ebay. They came highly recommended from a machining forum.

I put my Starrett dial indicator on the ways and checked and the DRO is dead nuts on. I put the same unit on my mill last year and have no complaints. I got it from TPac Tools on Ebay. They came highly recommended from a machining forum.

The next money I have to play with, I need to outfit my big mill. I get tired of counting turns.

Back