Random pic thread.

A rear bumper winch on a Forester.
image.jpg

I wonder if its like the Jeep in Macgyver that just had a fairlead bolted to the bottom of the bumper?

mac.jpg

I wonder if its like the Jeep in Macgyver that just had a fairlead bolted to the bottom of the bumper?

View attachment 151477

the thing is when you're McGyver you don't actually need a winch b/c you can just figure out some other solution using duct tape and a knife.

the thing is when you're McGyver you don't actually need a winch b/c you can just figure out some other solution using duct tape and a knife.

McGyver's winch was actually a cordless drill, a spool of fishing line, jumper cables and two 24 volt batteries in series. The fairlead was just for looks.

I parked in the "fuel efficient vehicle" spot a while back and had a rent a cop question me.

I explained my truck was fuel efficient, it got 17 mpg if it were a gas version it would get only 13. Plus my diesle cost $6k more just like the stupid battery hybrid option and I paid more JUST to be able to park closer....he bought it.

I think its prejudice to make parking spots that single out certain "types" of vehicles. Where are our equal rights activist. I demand action.

I talked to a guy in a Nissan electric car in a parking lot in RTP. He said he had just bought it from his employer for a cool 95k. A week later I noticed he had put an obbbbumper sticker on the back, hard to miss as the charging stations are right infront of the buildings.

Last edited:
We saw that commercial an hour ago and the wife complained they were making fun of Gary, I told her he was crazy before his brain injury and makes fun of himself so it's OK. I'm sure alot of his gigs are provided by peeps who love him and want to keep him acting/appearing regardless of his unpredictable eccentric behavior.

Back