Random pic thread.

15-an-hour-say-hello-to-your-replacement.jpg

with this in mind, have you been into a Chili's lately? they have a little computer at each table now. it has games and menus and this is now where you pay your bill. It has a Tip calculator on it that automatically tells you what 10,15& 20% tips are on your bill. and you're instructed by your wait staff to place desert orders on it.

geez, where's customer service headed?

I think it's awesome. Those places are so cookie cutter run of the mill. It's not like you would go there or take a date there for a nice meal. It's simple get in get out food, basically one step above fast food. If it lowers the cost of my meal and expidites service then I'm all for it.

with this in mind, have you been into a Chili's lately? they have a little computer at each table now. it has games and menus and this is now where you pay your bill. It has a Tip calculator on it that automatically tells you what 10,15& 20% tips are on your bill. and you're instructed by your wait staff to place desert orders on it.

But does it automatically add a tip to your bill??? My wifes family is super cheap and my FIL will lay down a $1 tip for the eight of us when were all out together.We (wife and I) always take a huge hit on the tip,often givin 3/4 or more of whats left. My BIL made a huge scene at Cheddars one time because they added a tip for havin 6 or more people in our party.We rarely go out w all of them for this reason.

But does it automatically add a tip to your bill??? My wifes family is super cheap and my FIL will lay down a $1 tip for the eight of us when were all out together.We (wife and I) always take a huge hit on the tip,often givin 3/4 or more of whats left. My BIL made a huge scene at Cheddars one time because they added a tip for havin 6 or more people in our party.We rarely go out w all of them for this reason.
WOW!

no, it just tells you what the tip amount would be and lets you select, or select none.

This reminds me of a trip to Disney World where we had our whole family (5 kids, of which the youngest two were in a stroller). We decided to go to some character lunch buffet that the kids really enjoyed. They didn't bother telling us that even though the adult meals were like $30 a pop (and we had 4 because of the older girls) and the kids meals were around $15 a pop, that they added a 22% gratuity on top of it all because we had more then 6 in our party. Are you FREAKING kiddine me?!?!?!?! FOR A BUFFET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so pissed. If we had known, I'd have had the older girls sit at their own table because all the while, they were pissing and moaning about how gay it was that they had to eat with the Little Einsteins characters.

If a tip is automatically added into my bill then I ask to have it removed. I tip based on service. If you are a poor server then why should you be automatically tipped 15-18%? And if you are an awesome server shouldn't I be allowed to tip more than that? Of course I think basing tips on a percentage of the bill is ridiculous but that's another argument.

Duane

This reminds me of a trip to Disney World where we had our whole family (5 kids, of which the youngest two were in a stroller). We decided to go to some character lunch buffet that the kids really enjoyed. They didn't bother telling us that even though the adult meals were like $30 a pop (and we had 4 because of the older girls) and the kids meals were around $15 a pop, that they added a 22% gratuity on top of it all because we had more then 6 in our party. Are you FREAKING kiddine me?!?!?!?! FOR A BUFFET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so pissed. If we had known, I'd have had the older girls sit at their own table because all the while, they were pissing and moaning about how gay it was that they had to eat with the Little Einsteins characters.
I agree,they shouldnt expect a tip for a buffet,and I bet ya a dollar to a donut Disney is gettin a cut of the tip too.

If a tip is automatically added into my bill then I ask to have it removed. I tip based on service. If you are a poor server then why should you be automatically tipped 15-18%? And if you are an awesome server shouldn't I be allowed to tip more than that? Of course I think basing tips on a percentage of the bill is ridiculous but that's another argument.

Duane
Yeah I have a problem w an automatic tip as well.If your good my tip will reflect it,if you suck,likewise.

I agree,they shouldnt expect a tip for a buffet,and I bet ya a dollar to a donut Disney is gettin a cut of the tip too.

Yeah I have a problem w an automatic tip as well.If your good my tip will reflect it,if you suck,likewise.

Actually Disney is famously generous to its employees.

I thought it was reasonable given the attention my kids got from the characters.

Apparently the terrorists and gubmnts response to them have already successfully destroyed America and our freedoms. If we let them change our lives or live in fear of future attacks, they win.
Certainly. I can't count how many people I meet that honestly "fear" terrorism attacks. Sure they happen. But the truth is, governments are terrorist.

Now if the tip computer tells you "You should only tip your waitress 5% since your burger took 23 minutes to get to you instead of the normal 13 minutes because the other 10 minutes she was out back banging the line cook.", then we'll talk. :)

My family is a bit old school when it comes to tipping. I typically go 10-15% and adjust accordingly. It's not unheard of when my whole family gets together for the party to be 15+ people. I remember one time we went to a restaurant and we had about 15 of us all at one table. They sent one waitress to get our order. She got our drink order without writing anything down. We all just looked at each other wondering...

Nevertheless, each drink from my dad's Southern Comfort Sour to the Diet Coke with no ice to the water with lemon was all delivered to the right person exactly as ordered. Then she takes our food orders. We are some PICKY eaters. Stuff on the side, extra mayo, medium rare steaks with extra this or a side of that, cheese substitutions, you name it. Every last one delivered exactly as ordered without a single thing written down. Desserts the same way. So my dad calls over the manager. You should have seen the look on his face thinking that his new "trainee" has messed up on her FIRST NIGHT. Instead, my dad (who is rather hard to please) ranted about how well she did and how incredible and friendly she was. The manager was amazed to hear all of this because he said he really didn't have much time to train her and had to stick her in a section that normally didn't get used (apparently unless a HUGE party comes in). On a ticket that ended up right about $150.00, she ended up with a $50 tip. We had the exact same waitress another time when we went back and had the exact same response. Similar tip, but this time we didn't need to talk to the manager. She even remembered us and remembered what we had the time before and asked if we wanted it again. WOAH!

Sadly, the restaurant closed before we ever went again, so I have no idea what ever happened to that gal.

Now if the tip computer tells you "You should only tip your waitress 5% since your burger took 23 minutes to get to you instead of the normal 13 minutes because the other 10 minutes she was out back banging the line cook.", then we'll talk. :)

My family is a bit old school when it comes to tipping. I typically go 10-15% and adjust accordingly. It's not unheard of when my whole family gets together for the party to be 15+ people. I remember one time we went to a restaurant and we had about 15 of us all at one table. They sent one waitress to get our order. She got our drink order without writing anything down. We all just looked at each other wondering...

Nevertheless, each drink from my dad's Southern Comfort Sour to the Diet Coke with no ice to the water with lemon was all delivered to the right person exactly as ordered. Then she takes our food orders. We are some PICKY eaters. Stuff on the side, extra mayo, medium rare steaks with extra this or a side of that, cheese substitutions, you name it. Every last one delivered exactly as ordered without a single thing written down. Desserts the same way. So my dad calls over the manager. You should have seen the look on his face thinking that his new "trainee" has messed up on her FIRST NIGHT. Instead, my dad (who is rather hard to please) ranted about how well she did and how incredible and friendly she was. The manager was amazed to hear all of this because he said he really didn't have much time to train her and had to stick her in a section that normally didn't get used (apparently unless a HUGE party comes in). On a ticket that ended up right about $150.00, she ended up with a $50 tip. We had the exact same waitress another time when we went back and had the exact same response. Similar tip, but this time we didn't need to talk to the manager. She even remembered us and remembered what we had the time before and asked if we wanted it again. WOAH!

Sadly, the restaurant closed before we ever went again, so I have no idea what ever happened to that gal.
That's awesome though. seems that nowadays, its a hassle going out to a place to eat...food is never right and takes forever.

Sounds like that waitress was I the wrong restaurant or wrong career. She'd be a hell of a CSR and we need one at my office!
But in the real world, the odds of her actually getting the job are pretty slim, if she doesn't have the exact right "buzz" words on her resume, she'll never get the chance.

Being recognized in a restaurant setting is a very long shot, it's happened, but only for a lucky few.

Back