Random pic thread.

CE76E693-3155-490B-A8BE-6E5E1F9F64C8.png

You forgot to clean off the drum brakes.
they work so they're staying. Actually converting to disc doesn't benefit much in my experience.. (then you get to reproportion the brakes, and deal with hooking parking brake up etc.. more aggravating than it's worth.)

However. I gouged a little deep.. guess it's because the power coming into the shop had a high resistance connection that caused it to burn out last week, and now it's stronger and better running than before. But that's fixed up now.

Started with (this may be the other side, not sure didn't take too close pictures until I started welding)
62300.jpeg

Gouged it out with the grinder and ran a single pass (one of the two I stopped and came back from the other direction to finish it)

IMG_20190910_222712104.jpg

Hit it with wire wheel

IMG_20190910_222741691.jpg

And then polished it off with the grinder

IMG_20190910_223113558.jpg

It'll be ok I guess. I don't claim to be a pro, but I don't see any reason that's not serviceable.

they work so they're staying. Actually converting to disc doesn't benefit much in my experience.. (then you get to reproportion the brakes, and deal with hooking parking brake up etc.. more aggravating than it's worth.)

However. I gouged a little deep.. guess it's because the power coming into the shop had a high resistance connection that caused it to burn out last week, and now it's stronger and better running than before. But that's fixed up now.

Started with (this may be the other side, not sure didn't take too close pictures until I started welding)
View attachment 302530

Gouged it out with the grinder and ran a single pass (one of the two I stopped and came back from the other direction to finish it)

View attachment 302531

Hit it with wire wheel

View attachment 302532

View attachment 302533

It'll be ok I guess. I don't claim to be a pro, but I don't see any reason that's not serviceable.

I have seen worse holdup for a long time.

received_1675272045941638.jpeg
received_510134806482986.jpeg

I have seen worse holdup for a long time.

View attachment 302535 View attachment 302536
eek. There's nearly no penetration on that end... It doesn't appear that it was beveled at all, or even had appear to have been fully penetrated on both sides of the joint. I've had this FCAW unit since about 2008 or so and I've done some bend tests, so I'm reasonably confident I can make stuff one piece.. within limits that I tested (3/16 to 3/16, single pass).. anything more than that, I'll tack it up and call my friend over with his ranger and let him have at it, but I built the bumpers on @336wheeler xj and tested and inspected them for cracks every few months, and the rear bumper is a hitch also and I would tow plenty more (6k average, 10k was the most ever and I wouldn't get over 35mph) than I should have with it (cut to bus full of nuns getting kilt. Even though I had a brake controller)

upload_2019-9-11_8-44-58.png

Our gate is malfunctioning, while taking a pic to send to the “gate” people some friends drop by. Got pretty close, within 10ft before darting off. I think I was blocking their attempt to cross the bridge to get to the apple trees

6acccb9590ce4df0c708daffd94815a9.jpg
bc5c8605dba7549d1c078a565507f8c8.jpg

View attachment 302530

View attachment 302531

Hit it with wire wheel

View attachment 302532

View attachment 302533

The weld will be fine but that tube is a guaranteed 1/4"+ out of alignment at the bearing end now.

Back