RC 4x4

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
Anyone know who RC 4x4 is ? They painted their stuff up on Daniel.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413832624976.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413832624976.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 538
There was a beer sticker just out of site of this picture.

So I guess RC 4x4 is Roush Creek. I am assuming it is anyway as there website address is rc4x4.org. And that is the only thing Google came up with.

My point is, it's too bad there has to be a guardrail in the middle of the woods. If it was nice split rail or had something vaguely natural about it , then it might bother me more that someone tagged it. The fact that it's a completely out of place interstate guardrail is what makes it hard to get fired up about, hell painting them green or brown might even change my attitude. Let whatever club or group of volunteers that installed it paint something they want on it.

Who cares....it's not on a rock or tree, it's on some big hoopty looking guardrail in the middle of the woods.

My point is, it's too bad there has to be a guardrail in the middle of the woods. If it was nice split rail or had something vaguely natural about it , then it might bother me more that someone tagged it. The fact that it's a completely out of place interstate guardrail is what makes it hard to get fired up about, hell painting them green or brown might even change my attitude. Let whatever club or group of volunteers that installed it paint something they want on it.
This is my issue with it.... WE CANNOT THANK THE COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS helping keep the forest open with signs that thank them or plug them for there donation, so why should it be ok for someone that probably never has help keep them open get to advertise there for free?

It does suck spending every workday putting up guard rail to keep people on the correct trails. I know you know that this type of work sucks. I would much rather see us not putting anything up but it does not work that way. I myself liked the split rail fence but when people use it for firewood then you have to do something else. It is ugly as heck. I agree with that more than you know. I hate it, and I hate looking at it. I hate even more putting it up.I also know that we are working toward putting more vegetation where the guard rail is so we can pull it back down in a few years and not have to keep it up there.

If you have any ideas about what we could be doing out there that will work please come out to a workday and help us put your ideas to work. I am more than game to try anything that will help us keep the trails open for the next generation . Cause I will tell you right now I am fresh out of ideas and could use the help. I know a bunch of us would welcome any and all ideas that will work better / look better .

This is my issue with it.... WE CANNOT THANK THE COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS helping keep the forest open with signs that thank them or plug them for there donation, so why should it be ok for someone that probably never has help keep them open get to advertise there for free?
Makes sense...I still wish they could just be painted a more natural looking color...they look godaweful in there natural galvanized glory.

My personal concern is the precedent it could set - a single isolated spot today, but in time it could lead to graffiti all over the park if people think it's an acceptable thing to do. :(

Shaggy
THIS! One club sees another clubs sticker and puts theirs next to it.. then another... and another...

Makes sense...I still wish they could just be painted a more natural looking color...they look godaweful in there natural galvanized glory.
I wish they could too. But we have to put orange paint on them so people do not take their heads off trying to go where they used to go. I would hate to be the one trying to rattle can them all to a better color though.

On this note I am trying to also see right now on FB if it might be from an RC club which will really get my goat.

We do need to scrape some paint off some trees up there right in the same spot.

Gubberment green? Hell i will suggest it, i agree its looks horrible!
@snappy earlier this year the gal from the forest service had asked me about painting them as I work for SW. I just had not been out there since. They can certainly be painted using the correct coating system. If she is still interested, I can get you the info and pricing.

Darin what all needs to be done I will be out there Saturday and can possibly get some done while I'm out there also gonna be camping the weekend of the 8th if there's anything big that needs to be done

I will say why this bothers me.

I have been taking my family up here for decades and we like riding the trails and enjoying being out by ourselves and just enjoying the area / scenery. Yes the guard rail detracts from that but having been one of the volunteers putting it up over the past 5 years since we got away from the split rail we understand that it has to be up to be able to keep the trails open. We understand that there has to be designated trails and if it gets too far out of control the FS will have no option but to shut them down. It has been a place families have been coming to for decades and then their younger families have been bringing theirs of which some of you out there might be some of. To me it is Vandalism. If it was ok to vandalize that stuff up there i would stop going up there and i know a bunch others would also. A bunch of those very people are the very ones that step up to the plate and come out every year to volunteer on the trail system . To me it is making the woods uglier. It is ugly enough with the guard rail .

We were told a few years back by the FS to own the trails, and police ourselves.

i saw the guardrail with RC4X4 on it this weekend at uwharrie. and it looked like it was just a decal. So just go peel it off and put in in a trasharoo and go wheelin! no more butthurt

I have been doing that very thing you speak of since 1984 up there on the trails. Just go behind people and pick up there garbage and clean up what the leave behind but it is starting to get really old. Way I figure it here is . If I can use this moment as a teachable one to the person that did this then maybe I might have less work to do on the trails and then I could just go enjoy them. Just like when I calmly stop people going off the trail and explain to them that is not the proper thing to do up there and most of the time the folks thank me for teaching them. You can take every moment out there and have it be a teachable one. The more people know the better they are for the most part.

Back