RC Suggestions

obxbronco

Me and my son (8) are wanting to get some new crawlers. We have 3 of the Nylint Jeeps, and they are fun, but we want something alittle more. I like the way the axial honcho's look. Any help? Also thinking of making us a track here at home, got about an acre we do nothing with would be great for a track.

i have no clue what these things go for. how much would a battery and charger be? I'll know we'll be getting rid of atleast 2 of the jeeps, to fuel the new rc.

man so many choices. i'd like one ready to go. also like one that is somewhat waterproof. and 4wd.

man so many choices. i'd like one ready to go. also like one that is somewhat waterproof. and 4wd.

But is SCALE important to you? or is ability?

Scale ended up being very important to me. Who knew?!?!

I got a Wraith because I really loved the scale look. It LOOKED like what I would build 1:1 if I had the money/skills/tools/ability

X2... I started out trying to build s crazy crawler and on the way discovered scale crawlers. My passion has always been 1:24 scale model kits anyway so it wasn't that big a shocker. Now that I'm older and those little pieces are getting hard to see.... scale was just the way to go.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

may be stupid to ask but do the above links define the scalers from the rest of the pack?

My son got a Axial AX-10 for Christmas. We gave it to him early so he could have time to play with it before he had to go to his Dad's for a week. He is having a blast with it.

well since i'm pretty new to it, abilty isn't a big concern. just as long as it runs and it's fun.

may be stupid to ask but do the above links define the scalers from the rest of the pack?

there is no such thing as a stupid question. i'm not sure of your question though. maybe you can rephrase it so i don't feel so confused. i will assume that you are basically wanting to know the difference in them.

a scaler is basically a rc that is built like a 1:1, and as realistic as possible.

http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=761994

"Scale" is where it looks as much like real as possible. Tires SEEM to look in proportion to the vehicle like it does in real life....etc.

Axial products are good about being scale out of the box.

When you really start getting bad about scale...is when you start scouring the stores and the internet for NEW BRIGHT jeeps for body's :shaking::rolleyes: (caught myself in the kids section of Wally-world last night as the wife wanted last minute gift-wrap and bows. MAN was she pissed when she found me)

^^^ Now I don't feel so bad about doing that.

Another good place to look is the flee market. I bought an old Tamiya Toyota, complete and in great shape for $100!!!:bounce2: Sold it on e-bay for $440. I have also seen a lot of older R/C's that are junk besides having really nice bodys, like those old radio shack trucks.

wow nice

my question wasn't well worded. I seem prone to long wordy responces so that was a failed attempt at brevity. I was trying to ask if the Scale RC units had a defined section in the links provided that set them off from the rest. Do RC trucks have set perameters for sizes similar to the HO hobby train stuff. Seems like my sons Traxxus Stampede is a common size and a smaller size is common. I find it hard sometimes to grasp the scale the truck is built in. I studied architectural and mechanical drawing and scale isn't a foriegn subject but I fail to draw the size relationship when I look at various trucks.

In short I did not realize scale could be an important buying variable.

Which scale or RC brand offers more stuff or is it a do-it your-self builders market made possible by so many very detailed aftermarket toys (not RCs) to buy and mod up? Certain "chasis" lend themselves to these types of mods? I'm only firmiliar with the Traxxus line of RCs since this is what I bought for my son. I do feel the stock truck I got him for last christmas is a hoot but I tend to break it more than he gets to play.

i don't have a 100% understanding of the subject but i will try to explain what i understand.
when they are talking about "scalers" it is generally a 1/10 scale truck built to be as functional as possible while still being as realistic as possible.

That and the fact they are like the real thing that a good wheeling trip results in having to work on them.....

Axial branded SCX10 and the Wraith are considered scale by most. Axial branded AX-10 and XR-10 are not, they are considered Competition trucks. A easy way to determine if a truck would be considered scale are not is look at the frame of the truck. One example is of the honcho in this link.
http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/scx10_honcho/index.html See how it has 2 main frame rails like a normal 1:1. The Wraith's frame work would be considered scale to a Off Road buggy. The frame works of the competition type trucks have TVP chassis'. Twin Vertical Plates like in this picture,
swx_full-kit_thumb.jpg

Noting realistic about it. Tamiya also makes kits that are considered scale like but their kits tend to be more expensive and not as capable as axial kits I have used and seen.http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58469 Hope this helps out some.

Axial branded SCX10 and the Wraith are considered scale by most. Axial branded AX-10 and XR-10 are not, they are considered Competition trucks. A easy way to determine if a truck would be considered scale are not is look at the frame of the truck. One example is of the honcho in this link.
http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/scx10_honcho/index.html See how it has 2 main frame rails like a normal 1:1. The Wraith's frame work would be considered scale to a Off Road buggy. The frame works of the competition type trucks have TVP chassis'. Twin Vertical Plates like in this picture,
swx_full-kit_thumb.jpg

Noting realistic about it. Tamiya also makes kits that are considered scale like but their kits tend to be more expensive and not as capable as axial kits I have used and seen.http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58469 Hope this helps out some.
these are about the most scale i have seen.
http://store.rc4wd.com/Scale-Truck-Kit_c_7.html
thats the definement I was looking for thanks

Back