re-lacing rear rim....

trevoringle

Just a dirtbike rider with a RZR
anybody ever done it? Cracked the rear rim on my 250f and thinking about just getting a rim and re-lacing instead of getting a whole new wheel. Never done this before so wondered how hard it is from someone who has actually did one.

In theory its just a bigger stronger bike wheel. And from building those I will tell ya, have someone do it for you that knows what theyre doing. Proper spoke tension goes a long way in making a wheel last. Its easy to true a wheel but to properly tension it can be tricky.

In theory its just a bigger stronger bike wheel. And from building those I will tell ya, have someone do it for you that knows what theyre doing. Proper spoke tension goes a long way in making a wheel last. Its easy to true a wheel but to properly tension it can be tricky.

yeah thats what i was kinda wondering about, ive trued up my mtb wheels before but never had to take one apart....you dont know of anyone around here that is good do you?

I dont know of anyone down near you that builds wheels. It is not hard to learn how to lace and build a wheel. Just if this is your only time it has happened, it just makes it hard to justify the cost of all the tools. (spoke torque wrench, truing stand etc)

I dont know of anyone down near you that builds wheels. It is not hard to learn how to lace and build a wheel. Just if this is your only time it has happened, it just makes it hard to justify the cost of all the tools. (spoke torque wrench, truing stand etc)

yeah i know what you mean, and i really hope it never happens again haha....not for sure what im gonna do yet though, might start calling some shops to see what they say

I'd buy the rim kit or how ever the rim and spokes are sold, assemble it then have a shop true the wheel

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

yeah that was another thought, im sure i would be able to get it together just dont know after that

If you have patients it can be done but it takes a long time if you don't do it regurly ebay used rim would be my vote

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

actually i picked up an iwanna today and just so happens theres some in there, pretty crazy haha....gonna call them tomorrow and see if i cant pick it up for a good deal

went and got the ones out of the iwanna, worked out great and got tires and tubes with them too so ended up being a pretty good deal all together

Back