Rebuilding my tow rig K2500 Burb - NV4500 PTO options

Blaze

The Jeeper Reaper
So my turdy Burb is finally due for an update. It is a 95 K2500 454 Burb. The 4L80E is puking fluid and slipping and the interior is, as my mom put it, a sensory nightmare. :lol:

I am picking up a couple parts trucks tomorrow to start the rebuild on this thing. One of the trucks is a complete runner with an NV4500 4x4 in it that I am going to swap into the Burb. The NV4500 obviously has two PTO ports on it.

I don't know what kind of clearances I'll have under it, but provided I have some space I'm wondering what kind of options I have.

The truck will be our dedicated tow rig, camping rig, workhorse. It would be nice to have onboard air through the PTO, maybe some other options like a generator or something. I don't know, maybe someone here has some ideas?

I'm going to be swapping in a nice gray interior I have here along with freshening up the 454 and making it a good rig.

I'm of no help with the nv4500 but if any of those parts burbs have a 14ff 4.10 or the 9.25 front in good shape hit me up if ya not using them!

Why not run a belt driven OBA unit? I have one on my 454 burb, and it works well. My front bumper is my air tank, and has the hookup for air hose.

Back