recommend shop for body swap: 72 f350 crew cab on 90s dodge diesel 4x4

frank_

Hey guys, I am looking for some advice about a shop/person who is familiar with body swaps. I am seeking out a shop, preferably in the Raleigh area, that can take the body off my 1972 f350 crew cab long bed 2x4 and put it on a 90s Dodge 2500 diesel manual transmission 4x4. The frame on the Dodge will have to be lengthened. There is a pretty good build thread online about this on TRUCKS tv. http://www.powerblocktv.com/episode/TK2009-06/super-dually-part-1#.VJDhJyvF8fU I am currently sourcing the dodge. I'm also open to converting the Ford crew cab to 4x4, but from what I've read it's difficult to do correctly. I'm just looking to end up with a classic crew cab with cummins power, 4wd, modern brakes, and suspension.

Thanks for any suggestions!

ai.imgur.com_Xmemn0v.jpg

ai.imgur.com_IyjreeE.jpg

ai.imgur.com_FSYW4a6.jpg

I haven't got into this yet but I have in mind doing this exact same thing with one of my Crews. There's quite a few write ups now and I've looked at a few "Fummins" now. Every one I've seen modified the body mounts to transplant the cab onto the Dodge drivetrain. My plans is to go opposite and use a Highboy frame and fab up cummins motor mounts so I can throw a 78/79 D60 under the front. And use a 2wd NV4500 and stock divorced 205. Highboy is an easy frame to lengthen due to it being perfectly straight and the cab directly bolts on except you have to slide the rear frame mounts back some for the rear cab to attach for a crew. Slide the t-case back some. And of course slide the axle back. I'm measuring that the frame is long enough for a short bed without lengthening. But for a long bed, you can extend these frames using 6" channel or another frame section.

I have a 94 single cab Dodge 3500 2wd. I just got into this but appears the Dodge mounts are a tad wider. So you'd probably have to fab up the new cab mounts totally from scratch to put onto the Dodge. The front cab mounts can be ground off easily on these cabs. It's optional to do modifications to the firewall to be able to access the rear valve cover easier but the cummins still fits without.

If I wasn't so busy frank I'd be glad to assist but I've been blessed and my work has took off. And this is not a small project. I now have 3 of these bump side crew cabs on the backburner. Feel free to contact me and come out to the shop in Durham and I'll show you how I'd do it.

Nice looking Crew!!!

Back