Remote Start

Cherokeekid88

Looking to add remote start to my 2017 Jeep Cherokee. Has a keyfob with key and have been looking at some of the systems that allow you to use the OEM fob and you end up just hitting the lock button 3 times, but just not sure on these kits. Anyone added remote start and can recommend one? Not looking to add another fob just for the remote start if possible.

I added this to my wife's 2014 Caravan.

https://www.amazon.com/Fortin-EVO-CHRT4-Stand-Alone-Chrysler-Vehicles/dp/B00BMWQ7RU

I hit the lock button 3 times and it starts. Will run for 15 minutes, which is adjustable. You will need to buy the FlashLink thing to program it, but I have it and you're welcome to swing by and grab it if you want to save the $30-$40.

Install seems overwhelming, but it's actually simple.

I added this to my wife's 2014 Caravan.

https://www.amazon.com/Fortin-EVO-CHRT4-Stand-Alone-Chrysler-Vehicles/dp/B00BMWQ7RU

I hit the lock button 3 times and it starts. Will run for 15 minutes, which is adjustable. You will need to buy the FlashLink thing to program it, but I have it and you're welcome to swing by and grab it if you want to save the $30-$40.

Install seems overwhelming, but it's actually simple.
Yeah, Install is what I'm worried about, I just don't have patients for stuff like this anymore, but I do like that price!

It's pretty simple. Unplug ignition, plug this units harness into it, then car harness back in, tap into parking light wire, and like 1 other wire.
follow programming instructions and you're good to go.

Got mine from a used car trade in when I was working at the dealership (so no help with brand info). I just noted the color wires it came off from on the ignition switch and tapped them into mine. Then just brake pedal wire to kill it if you touch the brakes (anti theft), one tapped into headlight/parking light circuit, and one tapped into a wire going to the lock circuit behind the door panel. Mine does have some kind of button on a harness that was under the dash that I think is used to program the pass-lock or whatever anti theft is in the ignition and is also used to adjust run time, valet, etc. Even supposedly can be programmed to start up every so many hours if desired to keep it warm but I have no idea how to program it since I didn't get a manual and never bothered to google.

You just have to remember to turn the hvac setting to whatever you want before you shut it off so that it comes on when you start it. Not quite as nice as my new truck that knows outside temp and turns on heated seats and steering wheel or whatever but I use it every morning in the winter time. Push the button when I get out of bed and it's nice and warmed up when I walk outside.

Back