repositioning shackle mount

Well...Im getting a tad burnt out from all the ideas I could do..make a long story short yes I screwed up the shackle angle. I couldn't safely compress the leaf springs so I had to calculate spring compression per inch annndddd…...they were softer than I was told..

Anyway, I know I need to move em back, Im trying to figure out the best way to do that. Buying a new set of frame outriggers like I used is too big unless I cut all of that out *huge pain* I cant quite find a factory set of hangers for a 3 inch leaf spring that I could modify to fit in that space..

Do any of yall have any ideas? when I move them back I am going to shorten up the shackles to about 4 inches as if I keep the ones I have now *6 inches* then ill be to long since it obviously drops on the frame...

Please any help would be appreciated as I got to much buzzin around in my empty skull lol.
20180725_221648.jpg

cut the old off, clean weld. attach to leaf spring, set proper placement and tack weld in 3-4 spots. Place weight on springs. Look at them. Like it? weld on. don't like it? repeat the first process.

Back