Residential survey in Aberdeen

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
Just bought a house in Moore County, Aberdeen specifically. We are going to be fencing the back part of the property for our animals and want an official survey completed so when I set fence posts there is no argument from the neighbors about “it’s how it’s been” or whatever. Anybody in the area have a line on a good/reasonable surveyor. I have heard quotes of approx. 2k-2.5k. Is that way off? Property is 5.5 acres, clear for the most part (sparse woods along the back line), flat, and no water hazards to work around. Or, are there other options to accomplish finding the exact lines and corners legally so no one will be able to contest it should it become an issue? I don’t foresee one but I want it done and official. Thanks.

I know a guy....sending PM.

If all of your irons are there, I would think those prices would be high for just putting stakes/flags on the property lines.

This is new to me. When I bought my house in Michigan it was surveyed as part of the sale so I just thought it was a thing but apparently not. I have a couple of leads so when the time comes I’ll get after it. I’m not sure if there are irons on the property and I’m not in the mood to go buy a metal detector and try and find em.

you should have gotten a platt map. Using it should be pretty easy to find the irons especially if you can locate one corner.
Not always. Depends on how the lot was cut out. A lot of times it's just via deed description. If it's an older lot this is probably how it was done.

I've got 4 great local guys here in Montgomery I can recommend if you'd like. Just let me know. I don't get a ton of Moore County surveyors here. I'll look at my list tomorrow and see if I have any.

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

Not always. Depends on how the lot was cut out. A lot of times it's just via deed description. If it's an older lot this is probably how it was done.

I've got 4 great local guys here in Montgomery I can recommend if you'd like. Just let me know. I don't get a ton of Moore County surveyors here. I'll look at my list tomorrow and see if I have any.

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

I seem to remember some trouble w a survey I did for a friend just east of Southern Pines not far from US1. Apparently way back in the 50s/60s? , one or more lawyers were drawing/recording subdivisions and selling lots, but sometimes all the corners were never set, only when the lots sold.

Back