Rigs at Honda of Hickory on here?

Gmachine

I went by to pic up my Prelude today and noticed some built rigs in the parking lot. Service said they were owned by a few mechanics there. I liked the red XJ.

Just looking for some pointers on running 33's on an XJ while going cheap.

If you're on here, drop me a line.

Ryan

I already plan to do some trimming, but am interested in ride quality too as I live in Hickory, but work in Mooresville.

i run rusty's 4.5 kit with 1.75 spacers with 33's. could run 35's with the trimming i've done. very nice ride.

I run 4.5 springs in the front with a bastard pack in the rear, with EXTREME cutting, 33's. I hate short arms, rides like shit.

I ran 4.5 rubicon express with fenders trimmed. Had 33's under it. Yea short arms do ride like shit.

I already have 3.5" leafs and extended shackles for the rear. I just bought some 5.5" coils. I just need to figure out what I'm doing with the control arms.

Long ($$$$!!)
Short (beat to death!)

Go for the long man. If you go short, your gonna get beat around and your gonna beat yourself up for not getting the long arm. Save the money up, and wait a little longer for the long arm. Trust me. I wish i did. Now, i'm putting a long arm on my jeep, finally.

I agree with running long arms. I was like you and tried to do it on a sheap build. Started with " front spring and a long AAL. Then added transfer case drop and adjustable short arms and trac bar bracket. then some shocks. Next I added spacers in the front and a 1" block in the rear which gave me about 5 ". Rides alright but not ideal. I then got a drop pitman arm and adjustable trac bar and bracket. At the same time I got 6" front springs and 2" shackles. So right now I have 6" of lift and 33's. It rides alright but again not ideal. I am getting ready to put full width axles using ford radius arms and new rear springs. If I was smart I would have just saved and got a long arm set up from the get go. I did it cheaply over the years and finally decided to take the big plunge. Remember with 33's gas milage sucks and you have a hge horsepower loss. Might want to plan on and SYE with the new drive shaft. I also cut mine and put on TJ flares. Good lick and keep us posted.

my roomate has my old XJ, its gotta 3.5" lift and fenders cut runnin 33s with plenty of clearence..... it didnt drive too bad even without a front swaybar.... he and I drove it daily for a good while

I hacked the shit out of my fenders then added rusty's 8.5" long arm lift. I don't have any flex pics, but it barely clears 29's. I can't imagine 33's.

file011ge2.jpg

Back