Road trip food & drink

92_SquareEye

Whenever heading out to URE from Raleigh, I usually take US1 to 27 and stop in Carthage to hit the Midway Grill. Coming back I usually take 49 to 64. I've been known to stop in Asheboro and hit Four Saints brewery. What are the other spots worth hitting on either of those routes. Looking for a good lunch spot on Saturday on either route. Mad thanks...

Pik-n-pig in Carthage is great but a little pricey. It’s a hour and half from us but we ride the Harley’s up about once every two weeks. It’s on an airfield and just a cool place. I’m also a fan of Ronnie’s chuck wagon in Carthage.

If you pass up US1 thru Sanford, hit up Jeff and Lisa's Brickhouse grill. It's in Colon, north of town. Best food around.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pik-n-pig in Carthage is great but a little pricey. It’s a hour and half from us but we ride the Harley’s up about once every two weeks. It’s on an airfield and just a cool place. I’m also a fan of Ronnie’s chuck wagon in Carthage.

Pick n pig is awesome and just a few miles off 24/27 by turning off at the traffic circle. The Coca Cola cake is out of this world and great BBQ. They only take cash but they have an ATM machine like a gas station. Sometimes those are down so I make sure I have cash on hand. I still want to try Ronnie's

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Back