Rustoleum in cold / rain?

Jeffncs

I’m bored and want to work on my trailer. Aside from a very long drying time, can I roll on the rusty primer rustoleum today? 35* and humid. Will be under a canopy, so no direct rain will hit it.

I would not paint today. I've tried it before and had bad results.

I listened to my dad, friends and extended friend network (you knuckleheads) and was.... get this...patient! I appreciate all of the responses and guidance!!!

Instead, I cleared my work schedule and took this morning off. It was >50*, dry and even sunny at times! I pulled the rims after dropping the frame onto jackstands. I finished a little priming then started rolling away! Turned out awesome!

Tires later this eeek, wiring this weekend and deck next week... then I’m hauling my CJ7 wherever we want to go.

8D1E0B2B-BEA6-401D-85B9-FC926384D604.jpeg

Did you do the professional/industrial rusty primer followed by the professional/industrial oil-based black?

Having roll-painted a trailer before, I know how much work went into that, looks great.

Did you do the professional/industrial rusty primer followed by the professional/industrial oil-based black?

Having roll-painted a trailer before, I know how much work went into that, looks great.

I used quarts and a few of the professional rusty metal spray cans. I then used the regular satin black “stop rust” quarts and spray cans.

I think I’m an oddball amongst my friends... because I love the work. I find it very relaxing!

Trailer almost finished...

New reflective tape and labels
New wiring and LED lights installed
New bearings, races, seals all around
New trailer plug and junction box
New tires on freshly painted rims

I just ordered rough sawn oak from a local lumber mill. I’ll snap some pics along the way, but bought cherry red stain/sealant earlier today. Hit it all with a few coats before bolting the boards down.

E4724EF3-EBA9-4023-839F-FE2FE555FD81.jpeg

I’ll get a daytime pic tomorrow...

Back