RV dealer info

Blkvoodoo

professionally useless
Hawley's in Clayton and Fayetteville have been bought out.

Good bad or indifferent, Camping World is moving in.

the group that owns Camping World ( Good Sam, formerly Affinity Group aka AGI ) is pretty ruthless toward other "mom and pop" RV places, I'm not so sure I want to deal with them.

the spring RV show ( or pretty much any RV show in NC ) is run by Good Sam, Advertised as Progressive Insurance RV and Camping show

Seems the NCRV Dealers Association is fighting back and sponsoring their own shows which was at the Raleigh Civic Center in January, and Oddly enough Camping World had a big ( heavily advertised ) wing ding at Hawley's the same weekend....... go figure.

NCRVDA will have another show in Sept in Raleigh

just some interesting info I've found out the last week or so.

still trying to find some one who can actually look up parts for a Thetford Cassette Toilet. $115 for small plastic lever isn't going to happen ( they are trying to sell the whole control panel )

Try Visone RV salvage, They have just about everything used you can imagine. I just found a discontinued awning I have been looking for ayear. They are parting out a 2002 Monaco and I spotted it. Bound to have a toilet.

I sent an email to Thetford USA yesterday, we'll see what happens with that. as easy as this handle broke, I suspect a used one is either already cracked or stressed enough that it's probably not worth dealing with.

Thetford UKs web site lists the handle, cost would be about $6 plus the flight across the pond, I'd probably get 3 or 4 just to have, Thetford US is in AnnArbor Michigan, we'll see what they have to say.

Huh... when was the show in Raleigh?

There's Bill Plemmons on 64 in Knight(s)dale, too... pretty sure they're still locally owned...?

January 22nd ish I didn't know about it either, only knew about the HAwley's Camping World thing, because I drove by it ( and didn't stop )

Bill Plemons is local as in owned by someone in NC, there are 3 location in NC

I haven't stopped by there yet, mostly because I never see any pop-ups there, so I figure they aren't interested in dealing with them. Some dealers don't like to because they don't make much on them.

Yeah, and those cassette toilets are kind of a niche thing, too.

Yeah, and those cassette toilets are kind of a niche thing, too.

they are, and rather new to the US as well.

it's a pretty cool set-up and easy to use/clean. just need to be a little more robust for the younger users

it wouldn't flow water either, figure out she had pushed the button so hard it pushed the control board away from the bottom of the panel, far enough that the switch wasn't being made.

Back