RZR ?s

trevoringle

Just a dirtbike rider with a RZR
My dad just got an 08 rzr recently, the front springs seem to be really soft compared to the rears. Is this a normal thing on these? Have any of yall changed to something else? Any other input or things to watch for on these would be great, thanks

Put a roll cage on it.
Then replace the control arms with somehting other than stock.
Then when those tear out of the frame beef up the frame.

Put a roll cage on it.
Then replace the control arms with somehting other than stock.
Then when those tear out of the frame beef up the frame.
I have already got him talked into getting an actual cage in it....as far as the tearing stuff up goes, i doubt he'll be driving it that hard, but then again i could be wrong haha

50" RZR's don't have as big of a strength issue as XP's so frame mounts and control arms aren't going to be a problem unless you hit a tree or something bad like that.
I'm assuming you have a old school looking black shock IIRC? If so the best thing you can do to that machine is buy a quality set of aftermarket shocks and put them one, its a night and day difference. I'd suggest a good skid plate for the bottom cause all the factory skids on every machine are junk. Factory UTV makes a killer skid plate that we use and install all the time. Go out and beat the crap out of it and have a good time.

Oh and please put some harnesses in it and wear a helmet

50" RZR's don't have as big of a strength issue as XP's so frame mounts and control arms aren't going to be a problem unless you hit a tree or something bad like that.
I'm assuming you have a old school looking black shock IIRC? If so the best thing you can do to that machine is buy a quality set of aftermarket shocks and put them one, its a night and day difference. I'd suggest a good skid plate for the bottom cause all the factory skids on every machine are junk. Factory UTV makes a killer skid plate that we use and install all the time. Go out and beat the crap out of it and have a good time.

Oh and please put some harnesses in it and wear a helmet
well thats some good news then, i think hes probably just going to get some coils for it for right now, hes not wanting to put quite that much in it a few days after he bought it haha. But yeah it does have the black basically like a sportsman shock look to me.

And yeah he is putting harnesses in it and for sure a helmet

Yeah you're going to be limited with that shock setup, you may be able to find a Eibach spring or something similar to stiffen it up some. Id tell him to just run what it has and have fun.

Yeah you're going to be limited with that shock setup, you may be able to find a Eibach spring or something similar to stiffen it up some. Id tell him to just run what it has and have fun.
his problem with it right now is that when you turn the front tires are rubbing even if your in the yard but its also got kind of a forward lean to it so he thought maybe the springs were wore out some too.

-another question, when youre building cages for these things, do you just start from where they bolt factory and just get another clamp or do you start back down from the frame somewhere and re-do everything?

Back