Sailun tire recall

shawn

running dog lackey of the oppressor class
Administrator
Have spent a week calling stores and sailun and tbc Corp (us distributor for sailun) and finally have this sorted.

All NTB stores have the recall info, and regardless of where you bought them, NTB can facilitate recall replacement.

If NTB gives you flack, call the TBC Corp quality department at 1-800-739-7698. The lady on the other end of that number is very helpful, and she talked to my NTB store directly to help get them on the same page.

After all that garbage, finally got the new tires today, free of charge. Unfortunately, three of the five brand new tires they gave me are impacted by the same damn recall, lol.

So, now we wait, more.

Lesson learned. If your tires are recalled, make sure to check the date codes before you leave the store to make sure the new ones aren't also impacted.

After all that garbage, finally got the new tires today, free of charge. Unfortunately, three of the five brand new tires they gave me are impacted by the same damn recall, lol.

So, now we wait, more.

Lesson learned. If your tires are recalled, make sure to check the date codes before you leave the store to make sure the new ones aren't also impacted.
:laughing: :shaking: :mad:

So, now we wait, more.

Man that absolutely sucks. I would have been ill af

Aside from this issue, Sailun actually makes a damn good trailer tire. Highest load rating on a 16" tire at 4400 lbs. It's the last hoo-rah before somebody finally decides to step up to 17.5s :D

Aside from this issue, Sailun actually makes a damn good trailer tire. Highest load rating on a 16" tire at 4400 lbs. It's the last hoo-rah before somebody finally decides to step up to 17.5s :D
Agreed, huge fan.

Yeah, the S637s are well known in the toyhauler community, which is why I got them. No issues at all in the year I've had them, which covers a couple thousand miles loaded up.

Keep supporting those America hating bastards that infected the whole world.
So what do you do? Buy nothing? Pay a premium for an "American" tire that is made in Sri Lanka or Cambodia for Vietnam?

When the GY tires on my toy hauler started letting go. BTW 6 plus 2 spares in the matter of a few hundred miles. I had progressively switched over to Carlisle Radial Trail HD cause it’s what I could find when we were on the road. Last time I stopped and said FUCK IT replaced the front axle, center axle and 2 spares. Already had replaced the rear axle. The tech said they all called em Good for a Year lol. Never had heard of sailun but I have had great service out of the Carlisle.

When the GY tires on my toy hauler started letting go. BTW 6 plus 2 spares in the matter of a few hundred miles. I had progressively switched over to Carlisle Radial Trail HD cause it’s what I could find when we were on the road. Last time I stopped and said FUCK IT replaced the front axle, center axle and 2 spares. Already had replaced the rear axle. The tech said they all called em Good for a Year lol. Never had heard of sailun but I have had great service out of the Carlisle.
The Carlilse on my trailer are like a good piece of pussy, can’t wear them out.

Back