Salavage, part out or grand prize

Heres the question,how hard is it gonna be to do a cab swap??? The way those trucks rust underneath you might be opening a major can of worms.Meaning once you get the cab off what are you gonna find?? rusted out crossmember,fuel and brakes about rusted thru or rust holes in the frame you didn't expect??? All that stuff might be good shape but Ive saw a bunch of these trucks that were in bad shape underneath.

It's a 2wd truck...I wouldn't be worried about it. Plus, it looks really clean aside from that little dent in the driver's side door. I've got a 99 and an 02. The only thing that's rusty are the rocker panels.

I guess my biggest reason for saying fix it is I have a buddy that owns a body shop. In reality, my HD probably should have been totaled, but I didn't want it to be....so we fixed it. If it were me, I'd probably do the same with this truck and fix it for half of the check value.

Part of my motivating factor was they said the wreck I was in was my fault. I didn't want the extra insurance points. It sucks having points. If someone else's insurance is paying out for a total loss, then I'd probably take it.

Last edited:
Take the check and send him his bicycle. I hope he and everyone else is okay.
Thanks RQ yea he is fine. And getting along without it. Other party is ok too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
78 CJ 5
93 xJ co sponsor

Update.
I took the cash, also asked about not being able to rent a vehicle since my son was only 18. They gave me another $35 each day totaling another $700. My son went to get his personal belonging from the truck and said it looked much worse than he remembered, cab was broke off the frame and frame was "toast".
Happy I didn't do the other options.

Back