Savage model 16 .204 ruger what's it worth?

C.Berry

Bad News
I picked up a savage .204 rifle stainless steel barrel synthetic stock has maybe had 20 rounds through it if that... has a imo pos Simmons 3-9x40 scope just seeing what these going for I was gonna keep it but don't need it if that makes any sense!?? Can't believe I just wrote that last sentence... lol but truth no need for it here

Damn I thought I got a good deal too... I've looked and seen a avg from $200-450 but I dunno what to price at!

Shoot take it in and trade it for a shield 9 or 45.
It's a 16 and not a axis so I would think it's closer to the 400+. Heck if you can't sell it for that, I might be interested in it just for the action. I wanna build a dedicated short barrel 308 for suppressor work[emoji3][emoji3]
Is it the accutrigger model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot take it in and trade it for a shield 9 or 45.
It's a 16 and not a axis so I would think it's closer to the 400+. Heck if you can't sell it for that, I might be interested in it just for the action. I wanna build a dedicated short barrel 308 for suppressor work[emoji3][emoji3]
Is it the accutrigger model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may still have a Savage model 10 scout in 308 that could work for that.

Disregard, just dug it out and it's pre-accutrigger.

Last edited:
Yes it's accutrigger it's the weather warrior model 16 also I was gonna post for $400 but didn't wanna list to high I may try and trade but non of pawns up here have the shield I'm looking for!!

I may still have a Savage model 10 scout in 308 that could work for that.

Disregard, just dug it out and it's pre-accutrigger.
Pre accutriggers are good too. Is it beat up enough to get a smokin deal? I'd rather not buy a good condition rifle just to tear apart and use the action and bolt.

Yes it's accutrigger it's the weather warrior model 16 also I was gonna post for $400 but didn't wanna list to high I may try and trade but non of pawns up here have the shield I'm looking for!!

I just checked armslist here in nc. Seems the axis ones are 250-350 and the regular long and short actions start in the 400 range and go up. There aren't any 204s for sale but there's a 116 in 7mm for 550 and some "odiedoe" with a 16 223 wanting 850. He's got it all decked out with a clamp on faux suppressor and tacticool accessories. There is also a 16 308 for 520
I think 400 would be a real good deal for someone wanting a good lightweight all weather deer rifle.

I just checked armslist here in nc. Seems the axis ones are 250-350 and the regular long and short actions start in the 400 range and go up. There aren't any 204s for sale but there's a 116 in 7mm for 550 and some "odiedoe" with a 16 223 wanting 850. He's got it all decked out with a clamp on faux suppressor and tacticool accessories. There is also a 16 308 for 520
I think 400 would be a real good deal for someone wanting a good lightweight all weather deer rifle. It's got two good things going for it. A. It's a Savage and B. It's not a Remington.
Now where is that stirring the pot emoji.

Back