Screen printing shirts??

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
Anybody or their wife make t shirts. My wife and I are looking at getting a couple made (I’ll provide the shirts and a rough design). It will be a small batch like say 10. To see how we like them and then go from there. These will be for our farm. First batch will be something simple on the front and the same drain but bigger on the back. Let me know if you know someone. Bad part is we need it in about 3 weeks. T shirts will be grey with black lettering.

My wife does (MaeBeau Design Co), but that lead time would be pushing it, I can ask though. At the race shop, we’ve used these guys for years, and they were willing to design from scratch.

Mossburg Sign Products

I think @Ron and/or his wife had a pretty serious set up at one point too.

My wife does (MaeBeau Design Co), but that lead time would be pushing it, I can ask though. At the race shop, we’ve used these guys for years, and they were willing to design from scratch.

let me know about your wife. I’d be really happy to send some business to one of y’all here on the board! I know the lead time sucks but we got thrown into a situation where we could actually advertise a bit for our farm that we are trying to get more serious about. More and different designs would follow.

Mossburg Sign Products

I think @Ron and/or his wife had a pretty serious set up at one point too.

We don't screen print.
We did vinyl transfer and sublimation...but getting out if all of it. About to sell off the big cutters too....

maybe something has changed, but I thought screen printing, was fairly expensive, to start. Setting & making the screen, was the big cost. If you buy or own your own screen, then most any printer can use it. But Volume determines the price of near anything.

So I need to maybe make a correction out of my own ignorance. I used the term “screen printing” because it’s what I knew. Vinyl transfer or whatever the term may be is acceptable. “Lettering applied to a shirt that won’t come off” was too long so I defaulted to “screen printing”.

maybe something has changed, but I thought screen printing, was fairly expensive, to start. Setting & making the screen, was the big cost. If you buy or own your own screen, then most any printer can use it. But Volume determines the price of near anything.
A screen costs about $20...maybe.
Can take an hour or so to set up...more if complex.
But once set up is reusable...a bunch for that exact design. New design requires new screen.

Most commercial printers aren't going to be interested in printing on your shirts.
In bulk high end shirts cost 3.50 ish (thats pretty high end ...gildan ultra closeer to 2.00)
So that's where the money is really. But if you print on someone's shirt and you screw it up, and you will lose a couple every run, you have to replace at their cost.

Some of these shirt supply/design companies out there that license and sell designs will do it for you...that’s what my wife does when she gets a screen print request. But also why lead times suck for her...supplies for 100 shirts/month don’t really make her a top priority...and why she primarily sticks to the stuff Ron said he did.

Bringing this back around.
Company is looking for (100-150) 50/50 blended safety yellow T-shirts screen printed front and back plus (25-50) Golf shirts Embroidered.

I'll PM or contact a couple mentioned above. T-Shirts we don't need until November Golf Shirts we would like by 9/30. any other suggestions?

Bringing this back around.
Company is looking for (100-150) 50/50 blended safety yellow T-shirts screen printed front and back plus (25-50) Golf shirts Embroidered.

I'll PM or contact a couple mentioned above. T-Shirts we don't need until November Golf Shirts we would like by 9/30. any other suggestions?
There’s a guy down in Greenville, NC who does excellent work. Embroidery, screen printing, just about anything you can think of. Get Me Bedazzled His name is Mike, really great guy, currently working on my company shirts. The golf shirts I know he can get, but the safety shirts you might have to supply. Reflective Apparel has you covered on that front. They’ve got just about everything reflective/safety you can think of and they have a decent variety of big and tall as well. If you order the shirts from reflective apparel, Mike should be able to do the screen printing on them no problem.

Edit: corrected spelling, that’s what I get for trying to type on a phone

Last edited:
Back