shackle flip and 56's on k5???

80chevy_shortman

hey fellas got a 76 k5, wanting to get rid of blocks, im wanting to do a ord shackle flip 2.5 with a 6" shackle for a net of 4". also want to swap in 56" springs in stead of the stock 52". ive read if i just put the shackle flip on the wrong side it will give enough offset to directly bolt in the 56"s. is this true. and ive also read that the 56 pin aint centered the same and ill have to put like the short side towards thefront of the vehicle to keep axle in stock location. whats the down low on that if there is truth to it.oh and one more thing i seen something about flipping the overload to gain more flex on the downstroke. any truth to this. any help would be appreciated...

Yes, reversing sides with the shackle flip hangers will get the shackle angle just about right for 56" springs. And the 56" springs are 26/30 vs the 52" 26/26. The short side goes forward to keep the axle centered.

ok now that i'm converting the rear of the k5 with 56" springs and a ord 2.5 shackle flip with a 6" diy shackle i have a net of 4" of lift. now im assuming imma have more flex so do i still run a 4" lift shock or do i get a longer shock.... thanks for the help if anyone has done this swap it's a big help whatever info u can give

Back