Shaniqua....Big,Black and loud

GotWood

Sayer of Fact
Ok, a little info on my first build. First let me say I could not do this without the help of Jeff b grandlift, gatorback and many other friends here on the board and off.

I started with a 78 Bronco and began hacking away, after 4 years that is. I kept the motor and t/c , axles and front suspension. Scrapping the c6 trans and chassis got me enough to rebuild the motor and then some extra and picked up a 4 spd.
Once I get everything together I will transplant drivetrain and suspension into my 94 yj and plan to run 35" MT's. I'll try to post pics of the progress from the work that has already been done.
IMAG0072.jpg
IMAG0167.jpg
IMAG0235.jpg
IMAG0238.jpg

351 m. I know not the most desirable motor, but I had it and it will be more than enough for my purpose. With the 4spd behind I should have no problem smoking the tires! I've got the motor pulled and broke down ready to go to the machine shop. I have new cam, timing gears and chain, lifters......
The motor ran when pulled but the timing gear had failed at one point and ran plastic through the motor. If you look at the filter you can still see it.
IMAG0177.jpg
IMAG0178.jpg
IMAG0184.jpg
IMAG0247.jpg
IMAG0170.jpg

Took the block and heads to the machine shop today, should get them back next week. I guess I'll b pulling the 4cyl out in the next couple weeks to start mocking up the new drive.

Here are the cam specs. I'm not an engine builder, so I'm not sure what everything means for sure, but it is a little hotter than stock.

Attachments

• IMAG0251.jpg
    IMAG0251.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 926
You just can't appreciate the time it takes to clean small parts until you do it. Almost 2hrs just in these and the rocker arms.
IMAG0253.jpg

Love, LOVE, LOVE The name!!! :lol:

Attachments

• 9343.jpg
    9343.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 915
351 m. I know not the most desirable motor, but I had it and it will be more than enough for my purpose. With the 4spd behind I should have no problem smoking the tires! I've got the motor pulled and broke down ready to go to the machine shop. I have new cam, timing gears and chain, lifters......
The motor ran when pulled but the timing gear had failed at one point and ran plastic through the motor. If you look at the filter you can still see it.
that guy in the blue shirt....do they call him gator?

? ? ABOUT UR UP COMING FORD

I know jeeps need all the help they can get, just wondering Y you don't throw away the body and not in:huggy:salt the ford. But for the money your going to spend on the up graded swap,
You couldn't real buy a good ford like mine.. :driver: ha ha
But I won't hold it against you when I put he motor together.:lol:
Thanks for letting me in on the fun. We won't tell everyone what a great person you are we'll keep them in the dark where u stay most of the time..:gay:

Started cleaning the 50 lbs pc grime from the transmission today. NP435 and will ride in front of a NP205 transfer case. I'm going to reseal and roll with this one, no new parts.
IMAG0254.jpg

Popped the top. I have a grove in the gear you can see in the second pic. Is that normal? Also missing a plastic thing on the fork shifter in the last pic.
IMAG0257.jpg
IMAG0255.jpg
IMAG0258.jpg

That's third gear. I wouldn't worry about it. You can get new pads for the forks... I'd recommend throwing an input bearing and maybe some countershaft bearings in it while you've got it apart.

Where is the place to order seal and gasket sets for the trans and t/c?

I ordered a bunch of stuff from drivetrain.com back in the day. They have rebuild/seal kits, individual bearings, etc.

I imagine ECGS or Lee Crawford could help you out, too.

Got the block, heads and other parts back from the cleaners today. Looks like I'm going to get a new oil pan cause I don't like the looks of this one. Still have not found the gasket and seal kit for the trans and t/c yet and still need to remove the studs from the manifolds. Next week I also hope to start pulling the drive from the jeep and sell it for more parts!
IMAG0277.jpg
IMAG0275.jpg
IMAG0276.jpg

Between jeffs broncograveyard and drivetrain.com you should be able to get every part in or on the 435 or tcase. I got my 435 rebuild kit from broncograveyard.

That's basically the same cam I've got in my new 351m lol. Mines an edelbrock cam with the same specs. It doesn't lope it idle, but if you install an aftermarket timing set ( not a stock replacement from the part store ) it will wake that motor up pretty good.

If the vendors on here cant help, try T A Powertrain or Crane Carriers Corp. (CCC) in Charlotte.

Got back to work today. Gotta get the 4 out to make room for the 8. Motor should be painted tomorrow.
IMAG0334.jpg

Finally got the motor painted Panthers blue! Thanks Mike.
IMAG0336.jpg
IMAG0339.jpg
IMAG0342.jpg

engine looks good.

Did some more work today. I've never noticed that the engine sets just off center of the frame before. I guess to counter the massive torque of the 2.5!
IMAG0354.jpg
IMAG0356.jpg

Back