Shaniqua....Big,Black and loud

About time I see some progress.

*edit*

Is that the son of epic beard man?

That would b Cornhole (grandlift) for sure. Also my neighbor rick and brother in law wilford.

Did some more today with the help of Jeff. Had to fix the hoist first then started removing the engine and other junk.
IMAG0360.jpg
IMAG0361.jpg
IMAG0364.jpg
IMAG0366.jpg

Nice grinding work man...

Not much progress due to work and baseball but I did get the drive line mated and ready for mock up. It isn't much longer than the 4cyl but a lot wider!
IMAG0381.jpg

Moving right along....

Finally got the motor between the frame rails. How much of an angle can the motor b at? It looks like it will be way jacked up in the front.
IMAG0400.jpg

The carb is setting almost level but the motor is jacked up in the front. As long as I keep the carb relatively level I should b ok I guess?

It can lean back a bit. fawk it, tbi that bastid!

Been doing a little on the heep this weekend with some help from friends. Got the fenders cut out and folded, just a little welding left on those. Also got the plate cut out for the radius arms. Going to be beefy!
IMAG0518.jpg
IMAG0506.jpg
IMAG0513.jpg
IMAG0517.jpg

Got rid of the d-35 finally and rolled the 9" under the tub today with a lot of thanks to Brandon and the crew from RIDES. The tires make a big difference in the look and figuring out where shit has to go.

IMAG0546.jpg
approximate ride height.

Next project is to make some shackles for the rear. I'm still trying to figure how to get my spring rate and test it. I'm using a Cherokee rear spring that I think is possibly a mild lift spring. They are longer than the yj plus I'm going to turn them around to get the pin back further.
IMAG0547.jpg

Well, slow and lazy is my speed! Tacked on the new perches and bolted them to the springs. Going to weld in some temporary supports so I can move the carcass around a little easier. Next step is to move the body forward and remount the gas tank.
IMAG0585.jpg
IMAG0587.jpg

It's mobile! Well, kinda. Tacked my temporary adjustable bump stops in so it is now movable. Wife wants it moved before our Halloween party so its now ready to start on the front suspension. This would go a lot faster of I had.......skill, that's the word.

IMAG0605.jpg
IMAG0609.jpg
IMAG0610.jpg

That is awesome. Throw a 4 link under the back to go with the jackstand and you will be set...

Top of the line adjustable bump stop there.. love it!

Worked a little more tonight. I needed to extend the frame a little and make a rear bumper. Picked up a piece of 4x4 from a friend and made this. I'll get it welded together tomorrow.
IMAG0624.jpg
IMAG0625.jpg
IMAG0626.jpg

needs d-rings.

I like the cuts though, looking good.

Finished the boxing tonight. Get this Damn thing,mounted this weekend and the rear suspension will finally be "complete".
IMAG0628.jpg
IMAG0632.jpg

Wait a minute, you don't drink beer.

I will try to come over Sunday & check this out

Well, the back suspension is "done". Attached the new bumper and attached the rear spring perches. I presently have xj springs but they look a little soft with little weight applied. I may have to go to a set of Ford truck springs or maybe add a leaf to this set
IMAG0634.jpg
IMAG0635.jpg
IMAG0637.jpg

Since I finished the rear mock up, the next logical step would be the front. I'm using a HP d44 with radius arms. The arms will be extended and use Johnny Joints. I started grinding my blanks to fit the original arms before extending.
IMAG0646.jpg

Here they are set into the arms.
IMAG0644.jpg

Here is where I'd put the axel if I had hydro steering and more money/skills!
IMAG0641.jpg

The fenders will be cut to match the rear.
IMAG0643.jpg

When all is said and done, it should have a good stance to it.
IMAG0642.jpg

I like the front axle pushed out. I can help you out with an orbital & tune it for on road application.

Back