Shipping a truck to California/KOH

HGSR

craigslistaholic
ive seen discussion on here before about shipping race trucks to KOH Iam looking at having my daily shipped out and then road trip it back home after the hammers. Couple of quotes were in the $1400 ranges but I’d like it shipping to the lake bed or very near the airport. I’d much rather pay a local guy that’s going that way than some random company I found on google. My closest personal contact in Ca is 3.5 hrs south of Johnson Valley. My ideal plan would be to fly in Friday for the EMC race and somehow get from the airport to the lake bed. Any suggestions would be great.
This is my fair well tour of my 30’s bucket list trip, CA NV UT CO...
thanks

For $1400 I will drive it out there, pick you up at the airport and fly home.

For that kinda money, I wouldnt even fart in the damn car....

Lol Iam not sure it could handle a round trip.

Hell just rent a new car for a week.

If it can't make a round trip why would you try and drive it across the country???

I don’t have a real reason as to “why”. It’s just something I want to do. I’ve wanted to go to KOH for years, see Vegas, get some dam bait at the Hoover dam. Maybe take the dam tour. I’ve not been beyond Tennessee so why not. I feel pretty sure it would do round trip but anything can happen.

This will be a camp along the way adventure, so Iam turning my tacoma into a rolling camp site.

Flying in close to KOH best place is Ontario ca.

Plenty to do/visit in SoCal.
Plenty to do in Vegas area. Been to koh once, but SoCal 3 times and Vegas twice.

Let me know if you need any help with what to do in those areas.

SoCal: Koh, glen helen, glamis, see Pacific Ocean, chip foose, Leno garage, nhra museum, etc etc

Vegas: speedway & exotic car, rzr rental for the desert, Shelby museum, counts customs, Vegas rat rods, red rock canyon, Hoover dam Then onto Grand Canyon

For that kinda money fly out then rent a vehicle of similar size and shape as your DD. Beat on it then leave it, fly home. That way won't have to worry about your DD dying half way back!

My original plan was to fly out buy a random $1500 Craigslist special and see if I could make it home. Iam in this for the adventure so it’s going out there, I’ll just see if one of the transport companies has a short term lot at or near the airport. I call it my daily driver but it only goes 2.5 miles a day that includes home for lunch and getting my daughter from school.

What @Mac5005 said. The one thing I do keep an eye on is that San Diego SX is usually the weekend before KOH. It would be cool to get a traditional SoCal deathcross race while out there.

Annually, I plan on flying out, renting a JK in Vegas and driving down for the races. Then annually, I get fucked by my early year show schedule of builds and site work. AHR in Orlando looks to be this years wrench thrown into the plan based on the tradition of KOH being the weekend after the SuperBowl.

What @Mac5005 said. The one thing I do keep an eye on is that San Diego SX is usually the weekend before KOH. It would be cool to get a traditional SoCal deathcross race while out there.

Annually, I plan on flying out, renting a JK in Vegas and driving down for the races. Then annually, I get fucked by my early year show schedule of builds and site work. AHR in Orlando looks to be this years wrench thrown into the plan based on the tradition of KOH being the weekend after the SuperBowl.

That would be epic to watch sand Diego SX then KOH.

One of the trips for school, I managed to borrow our rental on a free night, drive from Costa Mesa to glen helen to watch the short course races.

It was insane watching all the classes run in the epicenter of that type of Motorsports. It was like the Bristol or talladega of short course racing. The experience of that was once in a lifetime and was ridiculously awesome. Just earlier that day, swam in the Pacific Ocean at Newport Beach.

If you do well planning it out in advance and use google maps heavily, you can avoid any downtime and back tracking.

How many years you been doing that now? You don't get vacation days?

Anyway, side by side rentals in socal are the cheapest in the country. I'd rent an RV and a sxs with a trailer and raise hell for a week. Preferably the week after the koh shitshow.

How many years you been doing that now? You don't get vacation days?

Time off isnt the issue, its the back to back shows of International Builders and AHR/ASHRAE and the amount of work involved in both. In a perfect world I'll get someone to cover the dismantle, fly out, then wheel a few days after the race before coming home.

Time off isnt the issue, its the back to back shows of International Builders and AHR/ASHRAE and the amount of work involved in both. In a perfect world I'll get someone to cover the dismantle, fly out, then wheel a few days after the race before coming home.
My definition of vacation is I take it when I want not when my employer wants me to. Fought that fight a couple times with my contracting gig when they wanted me to stay and finish a project then take vacation between projects. After the (fuck no I’m going on vacation when I planned it originally) they caught on to my way of operating.

My definition of vacation is I take it when I want not when my employer wants me to. Fought that fight a couple times with my contracting gig when they wanted me to stay and finish a project then take vacation between projects. After the (fuck no I’m going on vacation when I planned it originally) they caught on to my way of operating.

Our definition is the same then. But I'm also not going to cut my nose of to spite my face when I get away with more than my fair share of "I'm gonna do what I want" the rest of the year.

I must be stealing your luck. 2 of the past 3 years my business travel has landed me in LA the Thursday or Friday before hammers week so I only had to cover the flight back. This most recent year the JL rental from Friday to the next Saturday was only $320. It handled full speed bombs between Backdoor and Chocolate Thunder like a champ.

Our definition is the same then. But I'm also not going to cut my nose of to spite my face when I get away with more than my fair share of "I'm gonna do what I want" the rest of the year.

Times like that I like to ask myself "what would Jeff Jones do". He would definitely find someone to haul his '88 cr125 to koh and skip a tradeshow.

I must be stealing your luck. 2 of the past 3 years my business travel has landed me in LA the Thursday or Friday before hammers week so I only had to cover the flight back. This most recent year the JL rental from Friday to the next Saturday was only $320. It handled full speed bombs between Backdoor and Chocolate Thunder like a champ.

Yeah I've been lucky enough to catch 2 out of the last 3 WERock Donner events during the past few summers during work travel. Call me old school, but I dig the comp crawling over the Ultra4 stuff.

Times like that I like to ask myself "what would Jeff Jones do". He would definitely find someone to haul his '88 cr125 to koh and skip a tradeshow.

Glad you volunteered. :beer::lol:

Back