Shipping Containers?

Caver Dave

Just holdin' it down here in BFV
Will have need of one coming up soon... 20' standard will totally suffice.
As long as it's watertight, don't need single use... unless anything else is a guaranteed leaker?

Given the unknown length of use (likely years), was thinking purchase and sell when no longer needed (versus rental).
Will need dropped at one location and later transported elsewhere for longer term storage... I assume a rollback would be fine with that?

School me on any knowledge you have!

Maybe not a rollback.... most around here stopped moving stuff not on wheels cause it tears the deck up. But, some of the guys that sell/deliver them will move them, too.

That said, I bought mine off an ad on CL. I will find his contact info. Most places don't have possession yet of what they are selling you, and you pay up front, and take what they bring.. This guy has them sitting on his lot (I am thinking Kinston or Greeneville area) and you can pick the exact one you want and he will deliver. Pay after he unloads.

I rented a 20' container, the company had a rollback, but it was a custom, full flat deck rig. Most typical rollbacks might struggle to get the container loaded correctly. The guy loading it was also VERY good at what he did.

I sold a 10' military storage container that the buyer contracted a rollback to move. I suppose it depends on the truck, driver, and company. I don't know that I would trust a typical rollback driver to load and transport a 20' or larger container.

I rented a 20' container, the company had a rollback, but it was a custom, full flat deck rig. Most typical rollbacks might struggle to get the container loaded correctly. The guy loading it was also VERY good at what he did.

I sold a 10' military storage container that the buyer contracted a rollback to move. I suppose it depends on the truck, driver, and company. I don't know that I would trust a typical rollback driver to load and transport a 20' or larger container.
Was it 10’ deep?

If memory serves it was 10' wide by 7' deep with a wall down the middle making it 3.5' deep on each side.
Looked like this:
1616970583167.png

Back