shipping to Canada USPS parcel

orange150

I just sold something on ebay to a guy from Canada, he says he prefers stuff to be shipped to him with USPS parcel. So does that mean I can just go to the local post office and ship it off to Canada?

shipping

you will have to fill out a customs form showing declared value.and if I were you I would insure it.Most banks put a 7-10 day hold on Canadian check's/money orders and even casheirs checks,so unless he paid with pay-pal you better not ship until it clears.Been there,done that,got the T-shirt.

well yea im definatly going to wait until i have the money in my wallet before i ship it. I do have pay pal but dont really understand where the money goes if i did it that way... would it just go right to my checking account? And the cheapest shipping for the 50lb springs was $39.25.

Typically w/ PayPal when you receive $$, it just goes into the PayPal account and stay's there. If you want to move $$ from PP into a cgecking account etc you have to do that from w/in your PP account, under "Transfer Funds".

Ok, the guy kinda wants to do the Pay-Pal thing so I can just ship it tomorrow. So, if I receive money into my Pay-Pal account I can just go to "transfer funds" and transfer it right to my checking account?

You have to have the confirmed account, too. If you can transfer money from your checking to your paypal, then you can transfer from paypal back to the bank.

Yo.........

Let me interject for just a sec.

Do what ever you want on the shipping but this is my sugestion. DO NOT USE USPS to Canada. Why you may ask?

Becuase the USPS = "UNITED STATES" postal service.

I know the USPS can ship all over the world....BUT!!!

They are only responsible while it is in the states to a certin extent. What I mean is it will 1) be a pain in the ass to do all the customs crap, trust me I know. 2) the tracking # is another pain in the ass. 3) confirmation and or having proof someone signed = another huge pain in the ass!

The USPS is the best and cheapes in the United States for alot of reasons that why I use them over UPS all the time. But for stuff out of the states go with UPS every time!

It will cost MORE with out a doubt, but the pain and suffering you will not have to endore with USPS will make it worth it every time.

I know this because I do alot of eBay selling.
((well maybe not as much as Stankoma...) inside joke))

Yea, CRK I am with you. I was confused why he requested USPS but hey, I was just doing what the winner wanted. But since this was my first sale ever on ebay.. and def. my first international sale, I just wanted to do what the winner said to make sure I had a good transaction. But he did say he wants to use UPS now instead of USPS. Now I am just waiting for my PayPal account to be "confirmed" so I can get the money so I can send the springs faster. Thanks for all the help and input guys!

Back