Shop recommendation for JK lift

Mike07

And yes I did search and found a thread from someone back in Nov of last year about a lift for a JK as well as lots for people seeking shops in the RDU rea. It seemed 4 WP in Charlotte was gtg but there was no follow up to that post. I am just confirming that 4 WP would be a good option.

This is for a '14 wrangler unlimited, 2.5 to 3.5 max lift, 8 arms and the usual stuff that comes with a lift like that plus the install and alignment. Would like to run 35's on a basic steel wheel. No frills, just parts that work as I will don't trailer so I need it to be reliable. Have a Rausch trip planned for July and a Superlift trip planned for early fall. I need a shop I can count on for long term service/sales as the future needs are skids front to back, electrical upgrades such as lighting etc.

Best case scenario would be someone in the Salisbury area but I was told my choice are toms and galloways. When I checked into both places I was told more negatives than positives. I did call galloways and left two messages. Never received a call back and when I called the third time yesterday and was told that what I wanted to do was not doable then was told they could get something I wasn't asking for. I was advised for it to "look good" I could do a BB and run 33's even after I specifically said I wanted a fully adjustable lift in the 3" range and I want to run 35's and would be wheeling it. Oh and the person that was supposed to get back to me about tires and wheels, he never called back either.

So with those two places out of the way I am looking for places with an hour or so (?) of Salisbury that listens to what a customer wants. I found some of the vendors I have seen posted on here but all of their pictures on their websites, facebook look like they don't get into simple things like installing lifts but only do cages/fabrication or driveline work so I didn't contact any of them.

I did talk to the owner of Olivers who very helpful and from what I have seen online about his work I will be heading to his shop for a front driveshaft shortly after the lift is on then will be back for a rear.

Would appreciate any recommendations.

Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear about your negative dealings with offroad shops around your area. I'm sure that's frustrating.

Speaking for myself, and I'm sure it applies to other shops. Not a lot of shops will post many pics of lift kit projects on their sites, because there's not much to see. Especially if its bolt on kits. Most tend to post up pics of unique builds, or of fabrication projects. Even bling'y wheel and tire pics! Something to look at! So don't overlook any offroad shop, because of what they post on their websites!

Most reputable shops have done and would do a good job installing a lift kit. I understand, some don't have time, but that's always a good sign as well! (Like the busiest restaurants!)

We do lift kits. Especially if you are looking for something custom. Rides of Conover will do a good job installing a lift kit. 4 Wheel parts in Charlotte, has probably done hundreds of JK lifts, but they aren't really geared towards custom modification of lift kits, if that is what you are looking for. One I have had no personal dealings with is Tarheel 4wd. But they are an established shop who I'm sure could do this as well.

Im sure if Im missing some, they will chime in here!

Appreciate the reply.

Thanks for clarifying about the shops around here/what they can do. Where I used to live if they say they do design and fab that's all they do. Communist california for you.

I will shoot you a message this evening to let you know what I am looking for (no bling) along with my contact info. Thanks again for the reply.

I did talk to the owner of Olivers who very helpful and from what I have seen online about his work I will be heading to his shop for a front driveshaft shortly after the lift is on then will be back for a rear.

Would appreciate any recommendations.

the owner of Olivers is Dave and a very good friend of mine. I would talk to him about doing the lift kit as well. if he can't, due to workload, then talk to PJ at M&M Offroad. PJ can do anything you want and he's connected with Dave and uses him many times for driveshafts.

I wouldn't go anywhere else for driveshafts. he makes a damn good product and his customer service is excellent.

Mike, If you want to give me a shout I will be more than happy to help you out with this. We build a ton of JKs and can get you exactly what you need to make the Jeep perform as you want. I am available pretty much all day today to discuss just give a ring. 704-598-1000

Andy

Back