Should I buy it?

Croatan_Kid

How's your hammer hangin'?
I found a fairly good looking 2002 Silverado 3500HD crewcab 4x4 for a good price. It needs a new left front fender, but comes with a replacement. It looks like a work truck package, manual doors and windows, no carpet...just how I like them. It's also a 6.0/4L80E, not a huge deal to me, but I'm curious how others see that. It's a killer deal and I could easily put a few bucks in it and re-sell to make some cash and still give someone else an awesome deal.

What do yall think? How well would a 6.0, crew cab, 4x4, dually sell?

It would sell ok, but most anybody who wants a dually is going to want an 8.1 or Duramax. Especially with a crewcab. But that doesn't mean you can't make money on it. I sold a 4wd F150 for $1000 a couple years ago, and I made $600 on it at that price (and I drove it home when I bought it a year earlier).

Kinda what I was thinking. I mean, I'm not solely basing my decision on making money off of it....I kinda want a dually for no reason other than to say I had one. However, I won't keep it long and I'm quite confident that it would sell quickly around here. There are numerous people needing work trucks and all that...since it's a crew cab, it'd be perfect. I see it as an investment. Buy it, drive it a little, drag a trailer here and there, fix things along the way, and then drive around with a for sale sign on it.

I agree with you though. Most would want the 8.1 or Duramax, if for no other reason than getting an Allison transmission in it.

I'm thinking about calling him in the morning.

Them 6.0 will sell pretty good I bought a 03 gmc 6.0 for 4700 sold it about three months later for 12500. But I did put a new transmission and the body had 265k and motor had 13k with no paper work so I got pretty lucky selling it.

Back