Should I Cherokee or not? Full size, that is

uglyjeepoffroad

Registered Loser
I was offered a 4dr FS Jeep Cherokee the other day. I am trying to figure out if it is worth encurring the wrath of the wife in order to bring it home.
It is a 197? model. I can't read the last digit on the door jamb. It is a 4dr, so my research indicates it has to be at least a '77-'79. It has a 360, auto (TH400?) and quadratrack. Has some floorboard rust, but all the doors and windows open. Tailgate isn't horrible, window rolls up and down (manual window). It even has the original hubcaps on the steel wheels. It has been sitting for about 2 years. Anything in particular to look for, other than the obvious rust?
Are the parts worth much, or is worth more as a unit? I haven't seen too many of the 4 dr cherokees, but they could be plentiful?
The guy wants to give me $600 and the Cherokee for a Celica I have.
Sound good, bad, indifferent?

One of the best times I've ever had was in a 76-ish Cherokee, although it had the 401...they're beasts, but pretty comfortable, and powerful as well...
I'd say go for it, as long as it's a good deal on the Celica, and you can always sell it off later if you (or she!) don't like it...

Celica was free. You just want me to get it so you can I can start to catch up with you in the number of cars in the yard catagory and you can say "See Becky, Cammie lets Chris have a few extras, why can't I".:flipoff2:

I would trade it, if she has a fit, its so much eaiser to sell a 4x4 jeep then a little sedan

Easy solution. Just run these by the wife.

#1 "Its not like I'm getting a new vehicle, I'm trading this old Celica for a classic Jeep"

#2 "I thought I'd make the trade and use the extra cash on some home projects" Just don't let her find out how much extra cash you are getting.

#3 "I am making this trade...Like it or not!" Then get used to sleeping in the Jeep. :lol:

I can't see any reason to not make the trade. It looks like a deal.

<><Fish

Park it at JPScouts place. His wifey dont mind, much:D

Back