'Shrooms - The Giant Puffball

McCracken

Logan Can't See This
My post over in GCC got me thinking there may be some other hillbillies that enjoy a wild 'shroom or two to eat. I've heard of Lion's Mane mushrooms and went to look it up but stumbled across the Giant Puffball. Yes, the ones that turn brownish-black and when you stomp them a big cloud of spores comes out. However, prior to this state, they grow rather large and are white and edible. Here's what I did...

First I went out and harvested a nice looking puffball

IMG_20181004_182733.jpg

IMG_20181004_190810.jpg

Then I cut the bottom off where it was attached to the ground. I'm not sure you even have to do this if you're fond of dirt. DO NOT WASH THE PUFFBALL!! You can wipe it gently if you want but you really don't need to unless there's a big wad of bird shit on top and then I'd just pick another.

IMG_20181004_190844.jpg

Next I cut big slices off of the 'shroom. Probably 3/4". It cooks down quite a bit so be prepared for that.

IMG_20181004_191423.jpg

Next heat a skillet over medium heat with a 1/2 stick of butter. I'd pick a good size one unless you plan to cut it into chunks. I mixed slabs with chunks for the best of both worlds. Add the onions and the 'shroom to it. Then hit it with the salt and pepper. I used a pretty good pinch of both.

MVIMG_20181004_191545.jpg

Lastly, continue to sauté everything till the onions begin to brown along with the mushrooms. Mine turned out really nice.

IMG_20181004_191854.jpg
IMG_20181004_192936.jpg

I was really surprised by this. The flavor was awesome and I honestly wish I had made more. The whole family dug in so I consider that a success.

Last edited:
I scooped up a huge one to do this to last week but she was all brown on the inside.
Gotta be careful what kinda chicks you meet at the club bro.

So do they taste like other types of mushrooms?

I scooped up a huge one to do this to last week but she was all brown on the inside.
Good point. It needs to be white all the way through.

And I thought those mushrooms were just good for target practice all these years... I seriously thought this was gonna be a situation about a bad trip from title tho, Or y’all had tricked @Loganwayne into eating magic mushrooms. Lol

call me when you fine some Amanita gemmata :D

no comment

if you meet him you'll know why
It was corny funny in my head from the misspelling.

The deliver cell flat I reckon.

I'm actually hoping to hang with some folks for r and r soon. My position in life is slowly getting closer to wheeling again.....kids self sufficient and stuff like that. A bond between friends is often measured by how much shit you give each other.

call me when you fine some Amanita gemmata :D
You first :flipoff2:

It was corny funny in my head from the misspelling.

The deliver cell flat I reckon.

I'm actually hoping to hang with some folks for r and r soon. My position in life is slowly getting closer to wheeling again.....kids self sufficient and stuff like that. A bond between friends is often measured by how much shit you give each other.
In that case we may as well be brothers. What we give BTL is pretty mild in comparison to some of the other folks. At least in content.

Big hitters we may only drop once or twice a day on someone but in his case we drop a lot of smaller hits. Often they revolve around his moobies / tittles.

You first :flipoff2:

I already have ;)

In that case we may as well be brothers. What we give BTL is pretty mild in comparison to some of the other folks. At least in content.

Big hitters we may only drop once or twice a day on someone but in his case we drop a lot of smaller hits. Often they revolve around his moobies / tittles.

Back