Size difference on yota front axles?

rattlecanpaint

I got to wondering about this the other day. What are the guys that SAS newer trucks and 4 runners with the old toyota strait axles doing about the width difference? Wheel spacers or just leaving it?

A few places like Marlin and Allpro have kits that you can take 86 and up hub housings and put them on a strait axle. That makes up for the 3 inches.

most use and 1.5" spacer on each side (thats what im doing on my sas). the marlin, allpro, trail gear and sky kits all come with spacers. skys also sells a kit that allows you to use a internal spacer in conjunction with the ifs hubs to widen the front. thats the cleanest way but also the most expensive

I have an 84 front axle on a 92 4Runner with no spacers. I have 5 inch AllPro springs and 36/13/16 TSLs. When I turn the wheel all the way to either side I rub the springs.
5.JPG

It gets tipsy easily not having a very wide stance. I plan to get some spacers soon.
4.JPG

they do stick out sometimes though. :D
x15.JPG

Hope this helped some.

Cool, thanks guys. I was kinda thinking of replacing the rear axle with a wider read newer one and was wondering about the front. Make it more stable for sure.

I have a 84 pickup and have a 88 rearend that I am building up to put under it. I'm planning on doing he ifs hub conversion with vented rotors and the ifs calipers. I'm counting on it making a big difference.

Yea, I was thinking a tacoma e-locker rear but I think the IFS hub thing is probably the better way to go. Is the 88 rear that much wider than yours? Seems to be the same truck.

Ratman said:
Want a real wide rear? I've got a complete 95 T100 rear here. The thing is HUGE. :beer:

I might... what do you want for it? I'm assuming 4.10's?

Rich said:
I might... what do you want for it? I'm assuming 4.10's?

3 something or another, third is history. Bearings eaten. Spung under supposed to be "8 1/4" Has the extra cross bracing for the main caps. Makes for a nice handle to grab the third. :beer: Looks to be a good match for a 44 full width front.

Ratman said:
Want a real wide rear? I've got a complete 95 T100 rear here. The thing is HUGE. :beer:
Thanks for the offer, I think it might look a little dorky with a REAL wide rear and semi wide front, so I'll have to pass.

Back