slack in 22re timing chain

Cperry said:
I don't know if toyota really recomends timing chain all i am saying is the plastic guides only last a 100k if that. but i do know that they say pull the head to do it. And i have seen alot of 22re's leaking oil from the t-cover at the head and i think this is b/c mechanics can do the job so much faster and still charge same rate as pulling the head. Maybe i am just an ass and should stop pulling the head but it seems to be the right thing to do, and the end result is better quality.

i am all for doing things right the first time...
however if i don't need to replace this chain right now i'd rather not get into that, i'm sure you can understand why:D

and i think my oilpan is jb welded to the block :D :D :D it is givin' me a fit! haha

chuckwhut said:
just like you said, i wanted to give the guides a once over and noticed slack in the chain...and wanted to figure out what was going on before i went any further. i'm starting to feel less and less like i even have a problem there. but the oil pressure thing was just under the theory that the tensioner might not be operating optimally due to low oil pressure.
another :beer: for everyone for being real kick @$$ about this with me

Like I said, just line up the crank at TDC, the position of the cam will tell you if the chain is stretched. My guess is, no.

Chase, I agree with you. You can just say things in fewer words than me. Congrats. I have verbositousness problems.

Back