Small 88 toyota 4x4 v6 reg cab sb build

eagleswarrior

I've got a 1988 4x4 Toytota Pickup v6 reg cab sb...Alright so my build isn't anything big and special...hardly even called a build but for me its extrememly exciting....Paint job finally got done today so I've got a before and after pic with it still in the shop...I'll get better after the fact pics soon when it cures as it was just painted today!! Mods will be: 2" Basic ToyTec lift, Pro Comp ES 9000 shocks from 4wheel parts of Raleigh (nice little plug lol) , Hankook Dynapro MT rt03 32x11.50r15 tires, no wheels yet (we'll see how the ones I've got look first either chrome or more than likely painting them black) diamond plated low profile toolbox, chrome step bars, 5% tint, new heavy duty rear bumper, front brush guard, 2 Hella 500 lights for the brush guard, vent visors, 4 LED strips under the rails of the bed (for camping, hunting, ect...) custom switch panel inside, rock lights under the bottom, complete sound system (sony head unit, rockford fosgate front and rear speakers, 1 10" pioneer sub, still figuring out an amp), Galaxy CB, whip antenna, external PA speaker (the red neck in me I guess), custom console, dying top half of dash black and bottom half grey with new grey carpet, black seat covers, extra doors for half doors while wheeling..think thats about it...sorry its not a nasty rock rig but A) can't afford it and (B) still my everyday driver...so here are the pics from before the paint and today after it got painted imperial jade mica (google it and go to images)
ai837.photobucket.com_albums_zz296_eagleswarrior_truckbefore.jpg
Before!!
ai837.photobucket.com_albums_zz296_eagleswarrior_truckafter.jpg
After!

upload them to a hosting website.....such as photo bucket then highlight the direct link.......past into the image insert on here

make sure to keep the motor cool or you'll be tossing it out. In general...those motors are trash but i've seen a few of them hit the 200k mark

in general.....they kill headgaskets and valves. If yours still runs good then you may have one of the good ones

you might want to consider building or buying some sliders, i would hate to dent or crush those step bars. here is a couple of pictures of some that i built for my 88.
ai888.photobucket.com_albums_ac87_88yota_Jan28_0007.jpg

ai888.photobucket.com_albums_ac87_88yota_Jan28_0006.jpg

Ditto on the tube rocker panel guards/"sliders". Will hold up much better in the long run than the chrome step bars. They can be made fairly easily, or purchased. The ladder style is pretty popular, 4Crawler and other will ship 'em too.

Hey 88yota, have you got a lift or bigger tires yet? if so what do you have? just wondering...
actually i have twisted the T bars a little, and put 3 inch longer shackles in the back that i got at o'riley auto parts for $14.99, and it has some 31x10.50's. it will hold me off for a little while till i get a sas done.

actually i have twisted the T bars a little, and put 3 inch longer shackles in the back that i got at o'riley auto parts for $14.99, and it has some 31x10.50's. it will hold me off for a little while till i get a sas done.
If you had to do it over again would you put 32's or 33's on a 2" lift?

32's probably, i have a buddy that has the same setup i have and he runs 32's with no rubbing, but i believe 33's would rub

Ordered my Pro Comp ES9000 Shocks today so they'll be here this weekend along with my tires...getting closer...put the grill and bumper back on tonight and started painting some of the accents...only one problem and I didn't want to say anything because they've been such a big help but I walked in the paint room after everything was painted and they used a high gloss black paint on the bumper, grill, and door handles instead of the flat black :( ...caught em in just enough time before they painted my mirrors... any ideas on how to get em back flat black or should I leave it shiny?
ai837.photobucket.com_albums_zz296_eagleswarrior_truck1.jpg

pulling, running, or what? I've got 189k on it right now so I'm mighty close!! Or are you talkin about pushing the bigger tires and such?

I personally think the first 3.0's were OK. After typing this, mine may blow up but I've had my '89 V6 since 1998 and it has 235,000 on it and I would trust it to drive to California if you could hold it between the lines. Change the timing belt and water pump with Toyota parts and drive it.

I'm sure some folks that know me will chime in here and say that any truck will last that long if it doesn't get above 1800 RPM's.

Truck is completely done painted now hood and all and thankfully the handles and key hole didn't dry with the gloss black, and he didn't have any gloss black left to repaint it so I gladly took the paint thinner and took that paint off and we re-painted the handles flat black...grille and bumper is still glossed so I didn't want to do it in front of the guy because he's been so helpful but as soon as I get it out of the shop this weekend I'll take my bumper and grill off and paint it the flat black...Tires FINALLY came in today so here they are...
ai837.photobucket.com_albums_zz296_eagleswarrior_tires2.jpg
ai837.photobucket.com_albums_zz296_eagleswarrior_tire1.jpg

Back