Small Engine Carb Work

49erRider

Just picked up a new to me log splitter. I think it had sat for a bit, but anyways it only runs on half choke. Figured the carb needs a good cleaning. Why its not a big job, I've taken enough things apart to never go back exactly right. Anyone in the south Charlotte area you guys know that will do a carb clean and check for me?

If no one comes up with options, you could always just replace the whole carburetor. I just got one off Amazon for $35 and swapped it on my riding lawnmower. Runs like a champ now.

On another note, did you adjust the choke? Might be easy just to adjust the choke and run some carb/fuel injector cleaner with high octane ethenal free gas through it to clear things out.

If no one comes up with options, you could always just replace the whole carburetor. I just got one off Amazon for $35 and swapped it on my riding lawnmower. Runs like a champ now.

On another note, did you adjust the choke? Might be easy just to adjust the choke and run some carb/fuel injector cleaner with high octane ethenal free gas through it to clear things out.
I did one of the Amazon deals for my mantis tiller and it worked flawlessly

Back