Smart/Best Mule or UTV to Buy

I don't know anything about the guts of the differential, but that sounds like a suboptimal design choice for the use case.
Just a matter of which way the spring pushes the sliding collar I suppose. I would prefer it default to 1wd. By defaulting to 2wd/locked rear, if the auxiliary battery is weak, it goes around scrubbing the inside tire all the time and making a clicking noise as the solenoid tries to modulate. Over Christmas vacation, I hope to have time to try and figure out a lever/cable mechanism to eliminate this stupidity.

To big, large turning circle, heavy foot print
Mule....then I thought "your stupid" to myself. Again truck.

I'd rather put a trailer behind the tractor vs load it down and make double work of sorting it all out.

2 door. Gas. 400 cc. Fuel injected. Short manual dump. Absolutely boring to drive. Trying to do anything exciting with it would equal breaking it or myself do to the suspension. Basic. I can't justify a size bigger or more money for all the other reasons listed. For 21k I'm looking at better tractors.

I agree, too big a turning radius doing a hack-yota. This area of use will be treeline, tight spaces, and 45+ degree climbs in some areas. We have a full size tractor on site - its too big to accomplish small jobs or tasks that are on steep slopes

Definitely fine with a boring drive. Itll be used for utility only, never for "trail riding".

So you said your friend's diesel kubota did much better on utility than your gas mule?

I agree, too big a turning radius doing a hack-yota. This area of use will be treeline, tight spaces, and 45+ degree climbs in some areas. We have a full size tractor on site - its too big to accomplish small jobs or tasks that are on steep slopes

Definitely fine with a boring drive. Itll be used for utility only, never for "trail riding".

So you said your friend's diesel kubota did much better on utility than your gas mule?
Yes, if I had the budget this would have been first choice......and diesel.

I was in the market for a *working* SxS several years ago... and didn't have "Honda $$".

The Mules seating sucks balls (worst than unpadded church pews), & like Kabota, has drum brakes... hard no's for me.
Didn't need "Rzr" sportiness either...

Bought a lightly used Yamaha Viking (3 wide seating) and have been enjoying/using it ever since...

Dry Pond isnt bad from the shop. Just under 5 miles. I think that day I was cutting hay just into Stokes so I just ran back down Collinstown Rd. I try to stay off 103 in the daylight if I can help it. 🤣
I get paranoid just crossing "the road" (Hwy.8), despite Sheriff Dan telling me not to sweat it (from the LEO perspective), but given the amount of big truck traffic up here and "impaired" drivers, will usually just take the truck 🤣

I get paranoid just crossing "the road" (Hwy.8), despite Sheriff Dan telling me not to sweat it (from the LEO perspective), but given the amount of big truck traffic up here and "impaired" drivers, will usually just take the truck 🤣

I mean I’ve run from the shop up to the top of Squirrel Spur/Bell Spur a few times. 11 miles each way haha. But I do usually link a few back roads together to get over to Dry Pond just because of 103 traffic. None of the locals seem to care but I’ve never encountered the troopers haha.

Back