So I think I’m getting a 1960 Fairlane 500

frankenyoter

No Rain, No Rainbow
It’s not museum piece but appears to be in decent enough shape for me to pick it up.

It’s got the 292. No powerhouse but I just want it to cruise around town, take the old lady to dinner or pick up kids from school or birthday parties.

Big block Ford or LS swap would be sweet but that’s probably on the back burner unless someone is donating parts

My question is air bags. Good choice or bad idea? Cost manufacture? I assume I’m in it for a set of shocks no matter what so why not?!?

And since everyone likes pics…

IMG_2505.png
IMG_2507.png
IMG_2510.png
IMG_2509.png

And I blame this entirely on whoever it was that posted that badass bagged c10 for sale a while back. I still dream about buying it. Wanted that k15 bad too. But ever since my dad gave away the c10 (that he gave me first) that I grew up in I’ve wanted one. Too rich for this hillbillies blood to get something ok.

Anyway. Old and bagged is all I can maybe afford, so enter the Fairlane.

The 292 is a great motor and shares everything up to the CAR 312 cu. In. Truck motors were still a bit different in some the exterior components. They had the 312 in the T-bird. Let me know and I’ll get the info for a gentlemen in Tx who makes serious power with the Y-block. Trans is upgradeable to the “newer” fmx from the ford -o-Matic. The FMX came in the late 60’s early 70’s mustangs and is a true 3 spd.

Last edited:
If you can get the look without bags go static… mechanical suspension leaves a lot less failures. I wanted to bag my impala, would have its advantages but I just want a solid driver suspension…. So coil overs it is lol 😂 rather the twin turbo Ls be the cause of later failures. Typing this as I button up a new 9” for it

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpeg
    IMG_0808.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 62
I wish I was cool enough to walk behind and collect your scraps.

Edit: crawl behind

Badass car bro! You have my ass kicked.

Nobody cares about a one year body style ford mess. Your car is timeless and seriously bad ass. I’m f you will let me me chill with you I can provide the best BBQ on the planet at a minimum 😉

Last edited:
Last edited:
I wish I was cool enough to walk behind and collect your scraps.

Edit: crawl behind

Badass car bro! You have my ass kicked.

Nobody cares about a one year body style ford mess. Your car is timeless and seriously bad ass. I’m f you will let me me chill with you I can provide the best BBQ on the planet at a minimum 😉
I like the style, I got a dodge polara I cruise in that no one has ever seen before when you go places. But I have been wanting to build an odd 60s era 4 door. Definitely easier with the kids. They hate anything 2 door. But that fairlane looks very solid.

This is a 383 car, probably end up selling it someday now that I have my car back on the road or did lol 😂 my luck with rear axles. But I just love cruising in old junk haha
Damn dude! You have all kinds of cool toys!!!

Wish the wife agreed with you lol 😂
Mine doesn’t know about the Fairlane yet. :huggy:About to have to put the oldest kid in braces. I’m sure she will be super impressed with my decision making skills.

Mine doesn’t know about the Fairlane yet. :huggy:About to have to put the oldest kid in braces. I’m sure she will be super impressed with my decision making skills.
Just remember it’s always easier to ask for frog than permission. Usually on new stuff I hide it behind the garage for a bit then break it out before she notices it

My second car was a 61 Galaxy, 2 door coup. 292 , Ford a matic. The 60 model to me, is like the 58 Impala. Not Pretty. Now I've seen some of the Dressed up, & the look pretty good! Like the 60 Galaxy Sunliner! But now you got it, & you can bump up the 292 with some 312 heads & 4bbl, dual exhaust. But you got Plenty of other things to spend money on! Congrats! You probably know that the F blocks fit in that car, as well as the 6 cylinder.

I'd say bag it if its coils all the way around my old trucks been on the same set up for going on 16 years now. I replaced the pressure switch for fear of it not shutting off 160 on 200 off but other then that no real maintenance. Ebay stuff is as good as airbagit.com imo

My second car was a 61 Galaxy, 2 door coup. 292 , Ford a matic. The 60 model to me, is like the 58 Impala. Not Pretty. Now I've seen some of the Dressed up, & the look pretty good! Like the 60 Galaxy Sunliner! But now you got it, & you can bump up the 292 with some 312 heads & 4bbl, dual exhaust. But you got Plenty of other things to spend money on! Congrats! You probably know that the F blocks fit in that car, as well as the 6 cylinder.
It’s not my dream car but it’s kinda falling in my lap. I’m trading some boom sticks that I forgot I had and don’t need. My real passion is for a 70 c10 but the truck isn’t in my face and affordable.

As odd as it looks, it’s growing on me. The fact that it’s a one year body sucks but also draws me to it like a moth to a flame.

Hoping to bring her home in the next week or two.

Honesty my truck wasn't my first choice but I couldn't part ways with it now I like the Fairlane looks like a real solid car to start with.
If you do decide to bag it and need any advice holler at me

Back