So What are Y'all Doing for Tall Jackstands?

How tall are you needing to go?

I've welded a plate to the bottom of mine so they can be placed on wood blocks when needed.

i've taken 6ton stand and used wood 6x6 blocks connected together, just the right height for 4Runner on 35's and no front suspension

this except I think mine are orange

I, too, have made a foot jig w/ a metal plate w/ edges turned up so it's a snug fit on the bottom and a hole in middle for a both to go through so I could stack them on other things

Screenshot_2017-04-23-21-29-11.png

Does this count....remounted on a new chasis the same way.

Get a few Smart cars, jack the truck up, drive under and Kazaam, tall jack stands! Excursion didn't crush them in the commercial and I can't think of anything else they would be good for, except maybe a doorstop...

^^ heavy and expensive but it works!
All hickory 15 footers. Got 3 full length pieces left. Most all the blocks too.
Was way cheaper than a lift I couldn't afford in a building I don't own......
But it was a friggin work out for sure. Got my son to help on lowering it down. Took twice as long since we mounted it against a custom cab extension and it had to be sealed against the cab and the body.

I actually 4 sets of the 6 ton. My 6''x6'' blocks get scattered and when I need them I have to go searching.

Some of those 12 tonners from northern showed up on my porch the other day, they are big and heavy! Great price though, thanks Matt!

Weld up your own. Some heavy steel pipe with some angle and plate. One pipe sleeved over another. Make it any size you want.

@R Q just making sure you saw this. Cheapest way to go, and you can pick em up in store. If they are not tall enough, then you'll need to pursue other options, but at ~$30/each, they aren't worth trying to build.
Best price when I bought some 12 tonners a few years ago was from Northern tool. Looks like they are even cheaper now.
FREE SHIPPING — Strongway Double-Locking 12-Ton Jack Stands — Pair | Jack Stands| Northern Tool + Equipment

And you can probably use the $10 off $50 purchase coupon too which would make em $60 plus tax to your door.
RetailMeNot.com Coupon Codes and Discounts

I have 2 of these with a piece of angle welded on top of the rollers. Work great and infanitly variable position so you get your stuff perfectly level or raise it a little with the stand.
683.jpg

Back