so what's on the grill tonight?

propane or charcoal

• propane

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • charcoal/ lump wood

Votes: 48 65.8%

• Total voters
Damn. It's time for an oyster roast up in the mountains.

My good friend and resturants owner man passed this summer so my ultimate hook up is no longer. I do have a line on another fella in the same circle who might be able to help out. Ill see what i can do and report back.

This was the first New Years in over a decade that I didnt eat oysters roasted over a fire. :(

Last edited:
That's the only way to eat em, hey I've got half a bushel left be up to 1 or so come on.

I wish i could. Kids, wife, work and general responsibility type things prevent such a departure on this fine evening.

Enjoy yourself kind Sir!

My bro just headed out for a week doing the whole biltmore honeymoon deal. I could a sent a few bushels easily

Ive got lots of friends in Charleston that will haul for beer and lodging and it may come down to it, but the best bang for my buck and honestly the best damn oysters a mountain boy can find are from food service providers who supply all the fine dining locations.

I used to call by Tuesday and get the list of whats available and place an order. Pick up Friday. We have enjoyed high end oysters while camping at Harlan in the cold rain, side of Mount Mitchell...shit the stories are epic.

Ive got a big grate (4x5) for over a fire. Its the season. Lets do it. I might know just the place...

My bro just headed out for a week doing the whole biltmore honeymoon deal. I could a sent a few bushels easily

Lets not make this mistake again. However, it would be epically badass to haul oysters on a honeymoon trip to guys you never met before!

IMG_20170104_172516620.jpg

Chops. Doing the rice and potatoes inside.

@frankenyoter if I am off work for the SHOP ride I'll try to land a bushel of oysters to roast. I won't have my work schedule for then for about another week or so. Can we build a fire on the property?

@frankenyoter if I am off work for the SHOP ride I'll try to land a bushel of oysters to roast. I won't have my work schedule for then for about another week or so. Can we build a fire on the property?

That would be most excellent kind Sir. We have a big community fire pit in the parking area as well as movable fire rings in the campsite. If it works and you can attend, i will bring something too

Not really on the grill, but tonight's cuisine is spaghetti with the sauce made from bacon flavored deer meat. No pictures cause I ate the hell out of it. It's nice not having to buy meat for a while with this years deer. Hope everyone survives the snow storm of 2017. :beer:

Hope everyone survives the snow storm of 2017. :beer:

As a mountain boy with a locked rig on 36s, I hope we get at least one storm where we get 2 plus ft of snow (wouldnt mind a bizzard) I love riding around and towing sledders when almost every other vehicle is trapped.

Edit: I want so much snow that Im worried the cruiser might get stuck...so I can pull winch. Dragging a Duramax that was on its side out of a ditch during last years 2 ft plus snow was awesome. Bitchin rooster tails!

I put two small ribeyes on just as it started to rain.

We need to do a MnG at Art Lilly, Arrowhead or somewhere and we can grill, smoke and share lies and whatnot.

Back