So whats the biggest gun you have shot?

So your working with the targeting folks in ops, and you just hit a button, you really don't get to see the effect, but it made one hell of a noise.
I know what you mean, from inside that turret it doesn't seem like all that much is happening. From about 30 feet OUTside, though...

One time one of our Plt. Leaders decided to tape record one of his runs, so he could go over the fire commands, etc. with his crew later. I heard that tape myself, and it caught every single sound, even the LT. talking to the scorer sitting on the turret... every sound, that is, EXCEPT the gun firing! It was so loud it just sort of "whited out". :D

OBX Fisherman said:
Hah! I got most of you non-militay guys beat!!

Gary_musket_firing.jpg

Thats me shooting a reproduction 1816 Hapers Ferry Flintlock. (at work no less!! :flipoff2: ) It's 69 caliber!!! In that pic I'm just shooting wadding. (hey, I'm the city limits!) Last October we shot live ammo out in Stokes county. The musket kicks like nothing I've shot before!! After 30 rounds all the milita members and I had evil bruises on our shoulders from those beasts.

BTW, the Salem Light Infantry, of which I'm a member, will be out in Old Salem on October 22nd for Militia day so come visit!!

Gary
(aka MIS manager at Old Salem & Historic re-enactor & )
Umm, don't look now, but... that, too, is a MILITARY weapon! At least it usedtawuz. :lol:

cumminsdzl said:
WOW, a thread about guns, and trebissky hasn't posted one tank pic.....its a miracle.
Hey, I ASKED if I really needed to, and somebody said NO, so I didn't.

But just because you hadda be a wiseass....

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v639_Trebissky_Bravo12.jpg

:flipoff2:

The biggest Gun.......Does a Howitzer count as a Gun? If so, 198 howitzer(155mm) a few times. (155mm/24.4mm= 6.1")...........Do missles count? If so, TOW, LAW, and 1 PATRIOT Missile. :smokin:

John

OBX fisherman...I had to repair a 1816 percussion conversion not to long ago and I must say that the early muskets are very unwieldly.I think the butt of the stock is 3 inches shorter than what I am used to with 61 springfields and 53 enfields.Very nose heavy too. Best lookin uniform I've ever worn was a British war of 1812 with the shorter red coat trimmed in White,white buff leathers,and black shako with white pompom.Unit that uniform was from was the ones that set fire to the White House.

155mm Howitzer and 1 PATRIOT Missile - I believe we have a new winner... :D

Wolfpack & cummins.... :p

Rich said:
I think Rob wins with a f'n 5" gun.. dayum.

For me, it was a .50 cal for familiarization, but I did LOVE my AIR-60 (Basically a M60 with different sights and handle/trigger). (Happiness is a belt-fed weapon)

I sling-loaded a 105mm howitzer more times than i can count, does that count? :D
Speaking of that... ever seen this before?

aimages.military.com_pics_SoldierTech_Shrike_2.jpg

aimages.military.com_pics_SoldierTech_Shrike_1.jpg

Shrike 5.56mm Advanced Weapons System

What impressed ME most was that it works off a standard M-16/M-4 bottom receiver with no mods, which means if/when you run out of belts it'll also use regular mags!

does the MLRS rocket launcher count, at 277 mm and a range of 300km able to cover 1000 square meters with the 12 rockets it carries.

No ICBM's?

Yeah, those count too. Winner and new champeen... unless the Patriot's bigger?

Back