Some days just get wierd

UncleWillie

Lost and confused.
I woke up hacking and gagging this morning. It was bad.

We took it easy for the most part. Steph attacked everything in the house with the vacuum hoping to suck up whatever was attempting to claim my lungs.

I got a call from a guy (hereafter called J) that had a 93 Bonneville that he wanted gone. We set an appointment for 3pm. Then I took a nap in my recliner.

We rolled up to Charlotte with no problems.

The car was in a bad area, I made Heath stay in the truck.

J said he had locked his keys in the car. My unlock tools are in truck - at the shop. The back window was down about a inch and sometimes you can push them down against the regulator and work them up and down to get them to go down. It was working and I had it down about 2 inches when the window exploded in my hand. It sliced my thumb, middle, and pinky finger pretty good. I had a towel in the truck and i wrapped my hand up in it. The problem was it was my right hand and wrapped up like that I could not access my pistol (remember the bad area). There was a store next door so I sent Steph over for bandaids. Once my blood was remaining inside my fingers, we pushed the car back and got the trailer around in front of it.

While we were doing that a guy ( hereafter referred to as scumball) came out of the tobacco shop we were in front of and began to video us. I thought he was just curious. Then I noticed he was pointing the camera directly at me, and zooming in on my pistol. I kept a close eye on him.

We had it loaded and started to strap it down, and Scumball came out and said something to J. I wasn't close enough to tell what. I paid J and then Scumball said it was his mother's car, and his Uncle had ODed in it. J immediately headed off on foot. I followed and he disappeared behind a store. There were apartments back there and I figured he went in them. Since I had left Steph and Heath with the truck I wanted to get back in a hurry.

Scumball was still there ranting about the car. I tried to talk to him and he stuck his phone in my face. I really wanted to stomp his kneecap. then he went over and put the phone about 2 inches from the Dory's license plate. Maybe his camera is nearsighted?

I told him I would call the police and we would work it all out, then we sat in the truck. I called and gave the dispatcher all the information, she asked if the other guys were armed, I said only with their mouths, she said to wait for a patrol car, so we did.

Scumball kept coming out and staring at me. I pulled up my phone to take his picture and he hid behind a pillar of the building. Finally he stepped out and I got a good clear picture of him. He finally walked over to the truck. I rolled the window down and kept my pistol in my hand. He said he talked to his mother and she didn't want the car and we could take it. I told him to have his mother call me. I gave him a business card. He walked away.

After a while he walked back with an older guy. He said this guy was his other uncle the brother of the one that ODed. Then he told me the car had been the dead Uncles, I asked him who the cars current owner was, he said it was the dead uncle. I asked him who it got willed to and he didn't know what that meant. I asked him who the car was given to after dead uncle died. He didn't have an answer. He said if we could pay him a little something for the car it would all be good. Then he said that there was no need to call the cops. I told him I already had. He stepped back, said something to live uncle, then live uncle walked off one way, Scumball went the other, I never saw them again.

After about 45 minutes a patrol car arrived. I put my pistol up on the dash and got out of the truck. He saw my empty holster and I told him I left the gun in the truck to make him feel more comfortable. He said I should probably get it because we might need it. Encouraging.

Almost as soon as he was out of the car some sort of altercation broke out in the road. He took cover behind the Tahoe and watched. They saw him and left hurriedly.

I explained the ordeal, showed him the bill of sale which had a picture of J with the car, and his drivers license. He ran the cars VIN and it came back to another name of a 20 year old male. None of the actors in this play were 20. J did have quite a lengthy criminal history. He didn't recognize the picture of scumball. Then he said I was all legal and could leave with the car. I had a signed bill of sale and I had made a report so I was covered.

We made our way home.

I was drenched and exhausted, but I didn't have to shoot anyone so that was good.

All that for a 93 Bonneville and a few $$??
Must be more for the stories and adrenaline rush. No thanks. Enjoyed reading it though!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Holly Harry Balls Batman. This reads like a mini movie.....I'm second in line for a first addition of "UncleWillie the Shit I stumble Into".

Sounds like you got a really level head and a knack for the really random Redneck abroad type mess....

Reality show maybe?

Man, that's crazy.

Personally - Breaking into the car I was going to buy would have been the end of it for me. Especially if the dude didn't have a title to show me. My 'Screw This' flag would have been raised high.

But I'm really glad you were armed and with the exception of your fingers, safe. Sounds like a nightmare that was just waiting to pop off had you done anything else differently.

I still owe you a ride to Uwharri @UncleWillie but maybe we should just meet there. Between your close call videos and this I'm kinda scared to ride with you!
When you drive as much as I do things get seen.

All that for a 93 Bonneville and a few $$??
Must be more for the stories and adrenaline rush. No thanks. Enjoyed reading it though!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
WHen you put money in my bank account you can comment on it not being worth it.

Holly Harry Balls Batman. This reads like a mini movie.....I'm second in line for a first addition of "UncleWillie the Shit I stumble Into".

Sounds like you got a really level head and a knack for the really random Redneck abroad type mess....

Reality show maybe?

WHo wants to watch, "Old Fat Guy Hurts Himself"

Man, that's crazy.

Personally - Breaking into the car I was going to buy would have been the end of it for me. Especially if the dude didn't have a title to show me. My 'Screw This' flag would have been raised high.

But I'm really glad you were armed and with the exception of your fingers, safe. Sounds like a nightmare that was just waiting to pop off had you done anything else differently.
It is not uncommon for keys to be missing. The car passed a VIN check before we touched it.

What awesome part of Charlotte was this in? I live just north of the city ring, but like to know where to avoid when we do stuff there.
Corner of Lasalle and Beaties Ford.

Need to practice with the left it seams. Husband has me doing weird gun drills left hand draw an reload,load a mag one handed ,sitting ,laying down.Glad your ok.

Need to practice with the left it seams. Husband has me doing weird gun drills left hand draw an reload,load a mag one handed ,sitting ,laying down.Glad your ok.
I have a permanently dislocated left shoulder so I physically can't reach around to draw from the right side. Maybe I need to dual wield.
All this because you work up hacking and gagging?
That just added to the misery. The whole time this was going on I was hacking like I had a furball.

Be glad that you have that arm husband lost his back in 97. Just a thought get a .22LR for the left side so that you can get to the "bigger" gun in line. Tanker used a starter pistol at times nothing comes out but boy they were ducking thinking they were being shot at. His work area was South Fl.

Different times & areas. My messed up purchase, wasn't that bad. I found a 64 Ford, which I needed a front fender, grill & bumper. I was junking on the side back then, & my 64 had had an accident / not my fault. So I talk to some guy there, that said it was his car. {Wasn't in running condition} I asked about title, got the ol, "I don't know where I put it"! Gave the wino $50, & hooked up. Fixing to pull out, guy from across the street came over. "What you doing?" Told him I just bought it from the dude. "Man, that ain't his car!". I told him, I done Paid for the car, & You can take it up with Wino! I dove on. Might say, that car stayed out of sight for a while! :lol:

Why ya'll be hating on black folks?
And i know this area well.
Fuckers scare me too.
And i live in da hood....

Back