Some progress pics of the YJ... finally

Hey man!Just saw your thread awesome jeep!?When did you start building this thing anyway?I aw the pics at your gramps shop I was wondering where you worked on it at.Seen my yota yet?

I saw the yota man, it's a pretty sweet ride. I saw it at the mall too :flipoff2: hahaha. Thanks, yeah I started working on it at the beginning of my senior year. Actually had it "done" for a little bit, then decided to drop it.

Son get it right the only trails that jeep will see will be paved haha!Ive already broke some birfields and bent up the side of my truck a little.Must be nice to be rich punk!Jeep looks alot better lower might actually not roll over on the easy trails now c-ya man!

Son get it right the only trails that jeep will see will be paved haha!Ive already broke some birfields and bent up the side of my truck a little.Must be nice to be rich punk!Jeep looks alot better lower might actually not roll over on the easy trails now c-ya man!

I'll keep my mouth shut about that Yota of yours, the 'trails' (road) it rides on 99% of the time, the money you spend on it, and how high it sits :D

Brandon thats because you have mom and dad buying you sweet DD's to drive!Us poor boys have to use what we got,haha!Michael we had to fix the crap you did to my truck!LOL!

Well this thread just went south.

Its all good haha!Michael you sold that buggy yet?

So anyways, since the chit-chat is behind us...

Here's a pic of the cage. There are two more streamers to put in that I haven't done yet, but it will get done before I take it anywhere:
ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler__1_2.jpg

And another profile shot. You can tell how low it is here:
ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler__2_1.jpg

Also note the air shock hoops. They were snuck in around the inner fender. I should have the air shocks on it the next time I'm able to work on it, then will come finish welding and finito!

thats one hell of a bolt bin you got in there.

lol that was the first thing I thought too.
Followed by, "can't imagine the insanity if it were to fall over", lol/

ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler__4_1.jpg

All buttoned up at full bump. The front will be about 3-4" higher than where it is right now. All that is left is to charge the air shocks.

The COG is insanely low.

Thanks man. I need to drop the rear about 1.5" (when the front is at ride height), which I can get out of the shackles no problem.

You would:shaking:

But then again, who has Shannon Campbell on speed dial...

Not too much building going on with this anymore... pretty much done minus needing the tranny rebuilt. However, here is a picture of me standing beside it as a height reference. I'm about 6' tall.
ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler_IMG_0338.jpg

Damn thats tall.....just picking, looks good.

Damn your ugly:flipoff2:

Jeep looks good!

Thanks guys. Yeah I burnt up the tranny last fall, so I'm gonna get the 999 built to the hilt this time hopefully, possibly with a manual valve body.

That looks good man.

What are you doing to build the 999? My last ride on my ax-15 is this weekend, and i'm swapping to a 999. I'm going to rebuild mine before i put it in, and was wondering what all are you going to do as far as building it. I haven't checked pirate or anywhere else yet looking for good suggestions. I just know i'm going to use a good rebuild kit, and a good manu/automatice valve body, and a just barely higher stall converter.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that a rebuild kit and valve body replacement are the typical things to do. If you run into any problems with the 999 swap, feel free to ask me about it... I guarantee that I have ran into it. They are very straight-forward swaps, just as long as you have provisions for a mounting spot for a CPS, have the right flex plate, and if you have a manual valve body, you don't need a kickdown cable.

I got my 99 from tw89yj and with it also got the flexplate, kickdown cable, and CPS. Both of the 999's I have, have the hole for the CPS, and the flexplate has several notches on the outer ring spaced according around it, and itcame out of his jeep that had a stroker, so i'm pretty sure I have everything in that aspect to get it together.

I'll let you know if I have any ques. though.

Looks good man! It is kind of tall at full bump. LOL...:D

Back