some rage

NickMaul

well i ordered my first lift kit (rubicon express) from 4wheelparts about three to four weeks ago. a few days in i learn it is on back order. okay call 4wheelparts and some dude says it will be shipped from them on the 8th of march.

so today roles along.....a little impatient, sorry world, call 4wheelparts checking on the order. after some chit chat the dude says on back order for another three to four weeks. that does not fly with me. first lift kit i order, eager as balls, and they want me to wait almost two months. no way jose, especially with URE and spring break coming up. as soon as i hear "is three to four weeks too long?" i tell him to cancel the order and request my money back.

i know 4wheelparts has a good reputation but this being my first time dealing with them i was very disappointed. so i go strait to the source and order my kit directly from Rubicon Express and they say ten days is normal. keeping my fingers crossed because i want to get my jeep done.

i know you may be thinking "hey kid, slow down" but i have been wanting to lift my suburban when i started driving, then i have a jeep now. so i feel that my patience as gone far enough.

anyone else have a time issue with 4wheelparts?

well i ordered my first lift kit (rubicon express) from 4wheelparts about three to four weeks ago. a few days in i learn it is on back order. okay call 4wheelparts and some dude says it will be shipped from them on the 8th of march.
so today roles along.....a little impatient, sorry world, call 4wheelparts checking on the order. after some chit chat the dude says on back order for another three to four weeks. that does not fly with me. first lift kit i order, eager as balls, and they want me to wait almost two months. no way jose, especially with URE and spring break coming up. as soon as i hear "is three to four weeks too long?" i tell him to cancel the order and request my money back.
i know 4wheelparts has a good reputation but this being my first time dealing with them i was very disappointed. so i go strait to the source and order my kit directly from Rubicon Express and they say ten days is normal. keeping my fingers crossed because i want to get my jeep done.
i know you may be thinking "hey kid, slow down" but i have been wanting to lift my suburban when i started driving, then i have a jeep now. so i feel that my patience as gone far enough.
anyone else have a time issue with 4wheelparts?

Unless Rubicon is f'ing 4wp, they are lying.

No reason for 4wp to tell you 3-4 weeks unless thats what RE told them.

Which 4wp?

first set of shocks I ordered from them kept going on backorder over and over again. I finally cancelled after waiting three months. I decided to go with a different brand and ordered them from the manufacturer instead, got em with no delays.

If you are positive that you can get it quicker from somewhere else, go for it.
but be aware that the hold up is usually the fault of the manufacturer and not 4wp.
If I were you call around to different suppliers and see if they have the kit in stock before you cancel your order.

Never do business with the Charlotte store. What a bunch of morons!

^^^ I've had my problems with 4wp, and the charlotte location in particular, but I will give them some props. I had an issue with some info that was given to me by them and the manufacturer of the part I had ordered. 4wp was quoting the manufacturer and both were wrong. BUT, I needed some parts exchanged and they left the new parts outside after hours and trusted me to leave the other parts. It's just like the thread on auto parts stores from a week or so ago, you have to know who to talk to.

In the case of the lift kit, I doubt they are f*&^ing you on purpose, they want your money more than you want to give it to them.

I've delt with them multiple times and don't have any complaints.

Who was processing your order?

In my opinoun qaudratec is better , they charge no sales tax and i have allways had excellent service with them, I have orderd from them nineteen times in the last year and it has allways been correct.

Never do business with the Charlotte store. What a bunch of morons!

Bought my BFG's from them...worked out fine. One tire was mounted backwards from the other, and they re-mounted it on the spot...

They forgot the lugnuts, but it didn't really matter at the time because I didn't install the tires till a few weeks later, plus it was an oversight on my part anyways. They were decent.

This same sort of thing happened to me with my Pearl EX Drum-Set.

Ordered it from an online source, kept getting delayed over and over again. Finally we contacted Pearl, they said they'd take care of it.

3 Days later, my kit showed up at the door. 4 weeks later, a SECOND KIT showed up at the door!! (The kit cost around 1k)...

Turns out Pearl never told the online source they sent out the kit. I got 2 for 1....We tried to get in touch with Pearl about getting the kit sent back, but they didn't return any calls...

I got a winch from 4wp aka Greg the handle broke off when we mounted he gave me a number to call. So i called and they said they ship replacement part out and i would have it in 3 days. 8 days later i call them back its on backorder i called Greg to see what I could do. He said he bring me the part this weekend. You cant better service then that
4wp gets my business atlest Greg anyways

I ordered a RE kit for my wife's XJ, from 4 Wheel Customs, I think they are out of Missouri. Got a call from them and they said it was back ordered for control arm bushings. I think RE is backed up on a lot of parts right now. It was shipped about 4 days later. Plus RE is on the left coast so any backup is going to take an extra week to get to the East coast.
I have never delt with 4wp, so I can't comment on them, but I can say RE is backed up right now.

I ordered a 3.5" SF from RE directly, it might be a little more pricey but they will ship it too you. However, it took 2 weeks because they have to custom make the parts, they dont mass produce them if that makes any sence.

It's not like it was back in the day..is it Kyle..Or PJ...Or Chris
hahaha

Those were the days.......you forgot your favorite yankee Scott to give you stupid deals sometimes. :flipoff2:

It's not like it was back in the day..is it Kyle..Or PJ...Or Chris
hahaha

Will (brokeass4runner) does his best to help people out, but he gets his hands tied sometimes by stupid corporate BS.

I have taught him a few tricks.:cool:

If you go to/call the Charlotte store ask for him, if he can, he will hook you up. Just remember the final call with any issues is with management/corporate, not the sales guy on the counter. You can really get stuck between a rock and a hard place in that position.

To the OP...you said you know that 4wp has a good rep...where did you hear that???? I've always heard on here and pirate that they suck donkey balls, so I've never done business with them.

To the OP...you said you know that 4wp has a good rep...where did you hear that???? I've always heard on here and pirate that they suck donkey balls, so I've never done business with them.

It varies by store I believe. I've bought from both the Charlotte and Raleigh store, and both were good, but I spent considerably less time in the Charlotte one than Raleigh.

I got a winch from 4wp aka Greg the handle broke off when we mounted he gave me a number to call. So i called and they said they ship replacement part out and i would have it in 3 days. 8 days later i call them back its on backorder i called Greg to see what I could do. He said he bring me the part this weekend. You cant better service then that
4wp gets my business atlest Greg anyways

Thx for the props Jon, your part is loaded in herbie, we will get it fixed when i arrive friday evening.

Unfortunately, like Kyle said, many times its the vendors giving us false ETA we are communicating the times to our customers. We dont know that they are full of shat until the promised day comes and goes, by the second ETA push from the vendor we are usually trying to put you in a different product or making sure you are aware of delay. I try to be very cautious promising ETAs unless its sitting in one of our warehouses.

Like any business out there your level of service and quality can very greatly from store to store. We all have specialties and every sales and service staff is different. Find a knowledgable salesman that you enjoy working with and deal solely with them.

Will (brokeass4runner) does his best to help people out, but he gets his hands tied sometimes by stupid corporate BS.

I have taught him a few tricks.:cool:

If you go to/call the Charlotte store ask for him, if he can, he will hook you up. Just remember the final call with any issues is with management/corporate, not the sales guy on the counter. You can really get stuck between a rock and a hard place in that position.

Kyles right, if you come by ask for me. Mention NC4x4 and if I can, you will get hooked up.

I can assure you that everyone working at either the Charlotte or Raleigh store has been and will be straight with customers on ETAs. Like Greg said, we work with what we have on the screen in front of us and what information the vendors give us. There is absolutely no benefit in us lying about ETAs or withholding your parts. When it comes to knowledgeability, for me at least, if I dont know anything about the part you are after or the question you have, I will tell you. I have no problem with making phone calls to vendors or doing my homework to find an answer. Its been a good while since the Charlotte store has had any NC4x4 representation so dont give up on us quite yet.:beer:

Kyles right, if you come by ask for me. Mention NC4x4 and if I can, you will get hooked up.
I can assure you that everyone working at either the Charlotte or Raleigh store has been and will be straight with customers on ETAs. Like Greg said, we work with what we have on the screen in front of us and what information the vendors give us. There is absolutely no benefit in us lying about ETAs or withholding your parts. When it comes to knowledgeability, for me at least, if I dont know anything about the part you are after or the question you have, I will tell you. I have no problem with making phone calls to vendors or doing my homework to find an answer. Its been a good while since the Charlotte store has had any NC4x4 representation so dont give up on us quite yet.:beer:

And he can call me for help still. (he does) I have forgotten more 4wp stuff than he knows. :flipoff2:

well thanks for the advice. i will surely reconsider everything now. the only reason i went with 4wp is because the lift kit was 20% off and shipping was cheaper. but that costed me a lot of time.

and i got an answer back right away from rubicon express and they said they are waiting to get some more add a leafs for the kit i ordered. so i'm crossing my fingers it will be at mi casa first week in april!

it tickled me i called them wanting somelockers they said should be in stock so i drive 150 miles out of my way when i get there they dont have lockers they have to order them no steering stabalizer lots of tires and mall crawler wheels and a wall full of those silly balls you hang under truck with none sorry but i wont go back

x3? on Will. He really does work hard and go to bat for ya. I ordered a part overnight that ended up not showing up overnight. He worked with UPS for the better part of a day to find out where it was and was able to get it there for me the following day, a Saturday. It was a little bit too late so I ended up picking it up on Monday, but he was able to get Ryan to give me a discount on shipping.

I bought my winch and several other items from them. I've never had any problems. I do have one complaint though..... Keep more shit in stock! :p It'd be nice to drive in and pick up a ring and pinion, cross shaft, axle shaft, etc.. :)

Greg up at the Raleigh store is awesome too. I bought some beadlocks from him and he took the time to give me some pointers on my 8.8 swap and let me know what they charge to do it, etc.

My issue with them is that their website doesn't tell you when something is backordered.
I tried to order a set of 35x12.5r15 BFG MT km2's back before Christmas time, had them in my shopping cart, ready to order with a discount code and everything. Called the store up to see if they had any in stock there so I could just go buy them instead of waiting on shipping, and apparently 4wp is completely out of stock on the km2's(and so was everyone else which is why I went to 4wp), and wouldn't be getting a new shipment in until late jan.
I called 4wp headquarters(or whatever 1800 number it is) and they confirmed that they wouldn't have the shipment in for at least month
The website had no mention of this, nothing, and the guy that answered the phone even told me that they don't update their site.

I'm glad I called beforehand or there would be some hate mail and phone calls hitting them from my address.

Back