Somebody talk me out of a can am

anvilrubi

Thinking seriously about going to get a maverick commander or defender tommorow anybody have anything bad to say.

If you were closer I could hook you up on a nice one. Good bikes from what I can tell. Good luck.

Thinking seriously about going to get a maverick commander or defender tommorow anybody have anything bad to say.
I would simply say that if you haven't decided between those 3 fairly different models, you are making an impulsive decision and should wait a week or two.

@Ron

Screenshot_2016-12-13-08-17-58.png
Screenshot_2016-12-13-08-17-36.png

the maverick has the same chassis as the commander. They're lots of them for some really good prices right now (The new chassis was released this year)

If I were getting one for a utility, I'd go with a teryx. If you plan to tear through the woods and across the ditches, I'd go with the maverick.

Drove the defender yesterday, all my friends have mavericks and commanders leaning heavily toward the commander 1000.

Judging by your avatar you bought one? How do you like it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m really liking it. Very strong it’s doesn’t have turbos but has plenty of power. It’s a good mix of utility and sport the bed is big enough for yard work or hauling corn and mineral around the farm. It’s also designed like its dived, which has helped me in some tight spots. It doesn’t have the travel of an x3 or a rzr but it has enough for the 5 trips a year to Uwharrie.
The biggest thing is I have to continually remind myself I’m not in a long armed xj. I have set it straight up on the bed in the middle of the rml climb and came very close to rolling down Dutch John backwards other than that no problems. Maintenance wise I’ve changed the oil at 50 hours but haven’t had any trouble at all so far.
I’ve actually only been using it to put out corn since the wife can’t ride right now. Took it to my dads house and he’s been riding it a lot. He’s a dirtbike guy so I was kind of surprised when he took to it.

I’m really liking it. Very strong it’s doesn’t have turbos but has plenty of power. It’s a good mix of utility and sport the bed is big enough for yard work or hauling corn and mineral around the farm. It’s also designed like its dived, which has helped me in some tight spots. It doesn’t have the travel of an x3 or a rzr but it has enough for the 5 trips a year to Uwharrie.
The biggest thing is I have to continually remind myself I’m not in a long armed xj. I have set it straight up on the bed in the middle of the rml climb and came very close to rolling down Dutch John backwards other than that no problems. Maintenance wise I’ve changed the oil at 50 hours but haven’t had any trouble at all so far.
I’ve actually only been using it to put out corn since the wife can’t ride right now. Took it to my dads house and he’s been riding it a lot. He’s a dirtbike guy so I was kind of surprised when he took to it.
Good to hear. I hope to get a sxs soon and the commander it at the top of the list. Seems to be sporty enough but can still work it some. Is yours an 800 or 1000? From what I've read I'm not sure the cost difference is worth the 1000 to me. (It hurt me to write that out, crap I'm getting old...)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It’s very comfortable I’m also about 6’5” and have much more room in the commander than the ranger or rzr. My bud has a ranger and loves it, it’s just all about personal preference.

Back