Something Different M715 Build

derekw123

This is going to be a slow build.. Gonna have lots of pics very little writing also.

Plans: Bob the bed.
Power Steering
Seats
Motor and Trans swap
A few other little things that get made up along the way.

The day I got it
ai998.photobucket.com_albums_af107_derektoyota_IMAG0126.jpg

First thing to go was the giant pto winch on the front.
Washed this thing underneath 4 times trying to get all the mud out of it. There is still mud in places I didnt think mud could get to.

This is it all cleaned up. And the winch gone.
ai998.photobucket.com_albums_af107_derektoyota_IMAG0132.jpg

Great looking Rig :beer:

In that rigs past life, the PTO came in very handy lol...

A buddy of mine (not the brightest bulb) drove his 2010 Cummins Megacab on 40" MTR's into a mudhole and got stuck, talkin big time stuck, 2 different trucks on rockwells and tractor tires couldn't budge him, but the old 715 come over and hooked the PTO up, dragged him right out.

I saw one of these for sale awhile back out west that had either another transmission or just one of those overdrive boxes on it. either way he had about 12 gears, which he was able to cruise on the highway and still have low gears offroad. It is the one thing I keep thinking about when I see these m715's. Good luck I look forward to all the pics.

Looks pretty clean and well cared for, for a mud truck. I'm guessing it was originally that yellow color like the interior. Old fire truck?

I looked through a boneyard full of these things (and various other old j-trucks) in Locust NC once. Didnt find what I was looking for at the time... but always thought it would be fun to fix one up and drive it. Enjoy!

In that rigs past life, the PTO came in very handy lol...

A buddy of mine (not the brightest bulb) drove his 2010 Cummins Megacab on 40" MTR's into a mudhole and got stuck, talkin big time stuck, 2 different trucks on rockwells and tractor tires couldn't budge him, but the old 715 come over and hooked the PTO up, dragged him right out.

That is the same truck that pulled your buddy out at the lexington muddy playgrounds. im one of the guy with rockwells that hooked to him. Waldo who owned the truck traded it for a blazer on rockwells and then Morgan had it painted black. that truck is SICK will pull anything thats been hooked to it

Looks pretty clean and well cared for, for a mud truck. I'm guessing it was originally that yellow color like the interior. Old fire truck?
I looked through a boneyard full of these things (and various other old j-trucks) in Locust NC once. Didnt find what I was looking for at the time... but always thought it would be fun to fix one up and drive it. Enjoy!
Where in Locust?

Benn got some more done today built my back bumper we done a lil painting of the under stuff..

ai998.photobucket.com_albums_af107_derektoyota_IMAG0163.jpg

ai998.photobucket.com_albums_af107_derektoyota_IMAG0164.jpg

ai998.photobucket.com_albums_af107_derektoyota_IMAG0166.jpg

Gonna do some painting and stuff this weekend hopefully I can find some power steering here pretty soon so I can get that on there..

You are right does look pretty good for a mud truck. Once I get all the mud ou it be even better. Gotta do quit a bit of little mechanical things that will take up some time. But all in all good times....:huggy:

ive got some pic of the truck from back before it was painted black. some of the truck stock and some with it stuck in some pretty big holes. the truck started out as the southmont fire dept brush truck. my buddy still has the stock tires and wheels and the water tank for the bed

Where in Locust?

"Bone yard full of these things" may have been an exageration. The guy had over 20 old Jeep trucks and wagoneers... but maybe only a handful of M715s. Here are a few pics. Dont remember the name of the place, but the owner is (or was) a member on here.

100_1714.jpg

100_1711.jpg

100_1712.jpg

Yup. He is a good guy. I met him a few times before I moved out of Locust back to Concord.

That is the bull place. I tried to get some power steering stuff from him he sent me one message then disappeared. I still need the sent him a couple more messages if anybody knows how to ahold of him I would greatly appreciate it...

pcole just realized u were talking about my truck the whole time lol.. If you dont care Id like to get some of the pics and stuff that u have.. I might be interested in some of the stock parts that came off it also....

lol yea i was talking about your truck. my buddy waldo was in southmont fire dept and he was able to get it from them. He played with it a few time and wanted to get into the 2.5ton rigs and didnt want to do that to that truck. I was going to buy it right b4 he sold it for $2000 but money just wasnt right at that time so he traded it to another friend of ours and some cash for a 2.5ton blazer, then im guessing morgan traded it off to you for the orange YJ

Yeah I traded the orange yj. I love this thing. How he liken the yj?? I just got tired of having something everyone else has. He may not of know this but the manifold was broke off the block is cracked brakes are shot(well havent been adjusted in a long time)... LOL I love this truck though dont regret a single bit of the trade.. Hope he is having fun with the yj...

lol he traded off the yj for a new model chevy on 44s. ill pm you waldos number he said call him about the parts he will be more then glad to help you out.

Attachments

• waldo.jpg
    waldo.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 906
  • waldo 1.jpg
    waldo 1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 881
  • waldo 2.jpg
    waldo 2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 894
  • waldo 3.jpg
    waldo 3.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 1,015
  • waldo 4.jpg
    waldo 4.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 907
That is the same truck that pulled your buddy out at the lexington muddy playgrounds. im one of the guy with rockwells that hooked to him. Waldo who owned the truck traded it for a blazer on rockwells and then Morgan had it painted black. that truck is SICK will pull anything thats been hooked to it

Haha I know I recognized the paint color from the interior, was pretty damn impressive.

yeah your blazers pretty badass, between you and Josh I really was surprised yall weren't able to budge him. Just glad someone could because he was getting very worried very quickly.

Haha I know I recognized the paint color from the interior, was pretty damn impressive.
yeah your blazers pretty badass, between you and Josh I really was surprised yall weren't able to budge him. Just glad someone could because he was getting very worried very quickly.

Yea being worried would be an understatement if that was my truck no way i would have even took that dodge outta the parking lot. That is the only truck i wasnt able to pull out that i hooked to. I took my old blazer apart and sent the body and frame off to the crusher i hope my new one is done in time for spring

Back