Sort of Old School Jeep YJ Build 4 link on KINGS

Getting a little more done on this project. The 14 bolt axle truss is coming together. This truss extends the full length of the axle tubes. The main two bodies including the one directly over the cast housing and the one extending the length are both laser cut from 5/16" plate and formed. Secondary internal gusseting and cap plate consist of 1/4" and 3/16" plate.

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_14_bolt_truss_3.jpg

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_14_bolt_truss_2.jpg

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_14_bolt_truss_1.jpg

I updated the pics here:
www.motobilt.com/blog/projects/custom-build-jeep-yj-4-link-suspension/

nice stuff.

that truss looks great, but also looks like it's going to cut into potential articulation. especially with the low ride height.

anything going on with the front links? or is just static in the pics?

nice stuff.

that truss looks great, but also looks like it's going to cut into potential articulation. especially with the low ride height.

The Jeep is sitting at bump in the above pics. The truss does not hit the frame (back half). When the axle articulates one side drops out which actually creates more room. The concern in building a suspension like this is the tire will actually come up higher as it pivots around the coilover. Thats why you see as much clearance above the tire in the bump pic.

Not sure I understand what you are asking in regard to the front links. Its sitting at bump with no coils on the shocks.

Dan

it might be on the bumps, but man I like that stance!

We could have went lower if the owner wanted to buy a custom radiator. We will be doing a motor swap in a few months. We will probably lower the front some more at that time.

yeah, that's the first pic I've seen with links on the front.
very nice!

my mention of truss to frame contact during articulation was specifically in reference to this pic.
if it's on the stops that explains it.
love the precision puzzle piece construction on everything.

Attachments

• amotobilt_com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_yj_build_4.jpg
    amotobilt_com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_yj_build_4.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 469
OK guys I forgot about this thread here. Obviously it is older and the Jeep has been finished for a while. I will post up some finished pics of the Jeep.

This picture is highlighting the extra room our rear fender top relocation parts give. They are on the website for sale.
Jeep CJ / YJ Rear Fender Relocation Tops from Motobilt Motobilt, Inc.

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2014_02_wpid_IMG_20140126_154552.jpg

This picture shows the Jeep sitting on the bumps.

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2014_03_wpid_img_34656631136136.jpeg

UPDATE

We recently had the Jeep back in the shop to fabricate a new roll cage. The budget on the original build did not allow for a cage. Personally I think the Jeep looks a lot better with the new cage. Not to mention it will function a little better in the event the rubber decides to point toward the sky.

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_IMG_3348.jpg

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_IMG_3391.jpg

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_IMG_3396.jpg

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_IMG_3467.jpg

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_IMG_3469.jpg

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_IMG_3470.jpg

amotobilt.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_IMG_3486.jpg

nice stuff.

Sorry I didn't see this post. Yes the pic shows at bumper. When articulated the truss moves away from the frame rail.

Back