source for 33" inner tube

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
I have a 33 w/ a cut in the sidewall. i've called every tireplace in the county, noboy has tubes that size, one place said they could prob order it.
I figure if i have to order one anyway, I might as well just order a couple myself, thenat least I have a few spares.

Does anybody know of a source for these? i need one to fit a 33-12.5-15.

It might take a while but you could probably find a farm tractor or implement tire around the same size as a 33 and get a tube for it.

My local tire store had tubes for 33's in stock. Try a mom an pop store where you actually speak to the owner. I order ones for my 42's from summit racing.

So it turns out thsi is all pointless anyway.
I found a local shop that said they have a tube that would work.
So I took it down there. Guy looked at it, and said he'd really prefer not to do it. The cut is in the siedwall, fairly close down ot the bead, all the way through, maybe 2.5-3" long.
He said the problem is, there is too much pressure there. Even if you put a patch on it on the inside, once it gets hot the patch could peel off, leaving the tube against teh gash... which it will try to push out of... and thr edges of the steel belting will then cut through the tube. May last 1/2 miles, may last 10... but not to expect much... the $50 spent for a good tube + patch+labor = not worth it.
"As my customer I'd really rather not do it 'cause you're gonna be pissed later."

Sooo.... nuts.

in other news - if anybody knows where I could nab a spare tire (or even better, a 33" Pro Comp XTerrain w/ ~75% tread!) to have on hand by the race Sat, pass me a line

Unless it can be vulcanized (patching it back with rubber), if it's in the sidewall... the tire is most likely done.

did he put the tub in it? I have seen why he wouldnt. I placed a tube in a tire gash in sidewall about 2 inches long and the tube pushed out of the tire... very wierd and scary. rule of thumb, if its in the side wall... like 336wheeler said... its junk.

Back