Stamping die maker

mbalbritton

#@$%!
im not sure of the proper name, but my uncle made a knife for me. He was asking me about designing and making a stamping due that he could stamp his blades with his initials. Something in the range of 1/4"-3/8" size with his initials and maybe "customs" under it.

Anyone know of a place that makes these?

Might want to look at one of the laser processes. Laser marking might be the best.

A stamping die I need more info. Want something to hit with a hammer, hydraulic press, punch press? Budget? Need to do 1 a day, 10, 000 a day?

Last edited:
im not sure of the proper name, but my uncle made a knife for me. He was asking me about designing and making a stamping due that he could stamp his blades with his initials. Something in the range of 1/4"-3/8" size with his initials and maybe "customs" under it.

Anyone know of a place that makes these?

If you shoot over to "form 1 suppressor" forum. There is a guy that goes by the name unknownpro. He does custom laser engraving at his house in kernersville. He's done a few of my suppressor tubes for me. he's outstanding and can probably have you taken care of same day. Again He's a super nice guy and I highly recommend him. I'll post up a link to his engraving thread in a minute he's got a few examples of knives he's done for customers.

Sounds like he is lookin to have a makers mark made for his knives.

Here is one place I found online. Not sure about them as they were one of the first to pop up so I clicked. There are lots of others to choose from as well.

Search blacksmith makers mark stamp making or something similar.

Custom Steel Hand Stamp

Sounds like he is lookin to have a makers mark made for his knives.

Here is one place I found online. Not sure about them as they were one of the first to pop up so I clicked. There are lots of others to choose from as well.

Search blacksmith makers mark stamp making or something similar.

Custom Steel Hand Stamp
A Makers Mark. That sounds right. Helps to have the correct vernacular! thanks!

This really depends on his blade material too. If it's some high carbon/ case or through hardened steel you can engrave it but you're not going to stamp it.

Rockcity nailed it. Custom steel hand stamp. Any machine shop with a ram edm should be able to do the same.

Back