Statesville area diesel repair/6.5 gm

hondatech81

Anyone know of a shop around the statesville area that is familiar and works on the Gm 6.5 motors? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. It’s in a 94 Hummer H1/civilian version. It is the 6.5 non turbo and has 92k Miles. At cold startup it pours white smoke that smells like unburned fuel. When it warms up it goes away and runs fine. It always cranks..
I’ve replaced the glow plugs, and that didn’t help any. I’ve been told some crazy stuff by different diesel mechanics, one saying it needs a injection pump, one saying that the injection pump timing is off and needs adjusted. I had one recently that was very familiar with these 6.5’s that said it might be a leaky injector(s). That might be my best route is to replace the injectors and go from there. What do you guys think?

Sounds to me like a leaking injector. FYI the engines I have are out of hmmwvs. Low mileage on them too. If you decide to rebuild you would be way better if with one of these.

Yeah I’ve read those GEP engines are the best. What do you get for one of those? Are they completely with turbo?

All my engines I test run before selling. I have sold over 50 drivetrains in the past 4-5 years, and have had plenty that sluwo not run for various reasons. $2k for a non turbo longblock (although it will include more than a long block would). $2500 for a turbo long block. Transmission and transfer case (4l80e/np242) included for $3000/$3500

Back